Monday 23 October 2023

Oak Note

Welcome!  Today is the last day of my time off work so I've been trying to spend as much time in my craft room as possible the last couple of days.  As well as making a couple of cards for upcoming design team challenges, I also found the time to make a card for some current challenges.  This card uses the sketch at Paper Players as well as the mood board at Just Us Girls.


This card involved a lot of messy play and it was great!  I found a panel of cardstock I'd spritzed with mica sprays last year (using the Halloween 2022 collection).  I wanted to brighten the panel a bit so I added a few yellows and oranges and set it aside to dry.  For the background panel, I ink-blended some Distress Oxide inks and die-cut with the Shiplap Builder die before adding Vintage Photo DOX to the edges of each die-cut.  I adhered all the individual elements to a panel of photocopy paper and then die-cut with a stitched rectangle die.


The kraft panel was embossed with a brick embossing folder after being die-cut with a smaller stitched rectangle die.

Once the mica panel was dry, I die-cut it with the shadow layer of the Oak Leaf die then cut the inner with black cardstock.  The sentiment was die-cut from white and black and adhered together, then it was just a matter of assembly.

Thanks so much for visiting.



Products used:

Ink:  Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Neenah Desert Storm
Dies:  Oak Leaf (Neat & Tangled), Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Shiplap Builder (The Greetery), Just a Note Posh Script (Memory Box)
Accessories:  Brick Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), various Mica Stain Sprays

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Autumn card Karren. Love the two different background pieces. Really gorgeous.

I Card Everyone said...

Lots of texture here, Karren - love that!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

Such a lovely card, Karren, I'm enjoying the results of your playtime.Great textures and the colors are beautiful.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous result from your playing. Love the colours and design.
Faith x

Jaydee said...

Karren, your playtime paid off. What gorgeous backgrounds and textures. I love the bold black of the leaf outline, too. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card, Karren! So happy to spot this in our JUGs gallery!

Linda Callahan said...

Full of glitz and glam - beautiful card! You are very productive on your time off!

Carol said...

What a great fall card Karren! All of your textures and colors came together well for our moodboard challenge at Just Us Girls! So glad you joined us!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Karren - love all the subtle colours and textures
Blessings
Maxine

LeAnne said...

Love the look you created with this...what a great card with such an organic feeling! Those background pieces are amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow this is so cool and glitzy! I love it!

Bobby said...

I love all that layered up texture, Karren. I haven't used my Shiplap die in forever so you've inspired me to pull it out. The Mica leaf is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.