Sunday 6 August 2017

Birthday Guy

Hi and welcome!  I took a bit of time over the weekend to make a card for a few challenges.  I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch; I'm playing along with the Masculine theme at 4 Crafty Chicks and I'm also linking up to Seize the Birthday.



I grabbed this NBUS set and colored up this gentleman with his gift then fussy-cut him out.  I created a simple scene behind him using a curved die for the grass and a cloud stencil for the sky.  The sentiment was stamped onto the card base and the "you" was die-cut from black cardstock.  I got a couple of blotches of ink where I didn't want them when I was stenciling so I added the balloons to cover them up 😄



I'm not so sure this is CAS as there is no white space left, but I'll enter it anyway.


Thanks for visiting.



Play Badge

Products used:

Stamps: Birthday Wishes (Art Impressions), Birthday Wishes (SSS)
Ink:  Intense Black, Tumbled Glass
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  You (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Mini Cloud Edges Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at 4 Crafty Chicks and CAS(E) This Sketch

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun take on the sketch, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

OMGoodness Karren this is outstanding!!! LOve this guy, and his squishy balloons! Such a treat for our CTS gallery...
=]

Cara said...

This is fabulous, love the large sentiment and your lovely clouds x

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so much fun and will surely make the recipient smile!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun card, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring and I love your cloudy background! Love your big scripty sentiment, too!

Susi said...

Love the funny image, which is beautifully coloured. Super card LO for this masculine BD card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, such a great man-card! The balloons are a great touch, even if they are covering up a mistake!

Becca Cruger said...

He looks so happy and I simply adore all those clouds in your background! This will definitely bring a smile to someone's face when they open it!

Lori Turner said...

What a great card! Love this! Thanks for joining us for our "masculine" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo