Wednesday 23 August 2017

Winter Warmth

Hi and welcome!  We interrupt our Camp Create cards to bring you the latest challenge from Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the fabulous French Cecile Ribon!  And here is her sketch:

I used the colors from the current MFT challenge for my Christmas card this week.  This card can be added to my pathetically small pile of Christmas cards :)



I used the Winter Warmth stamps and dies that I bought in the recent retirement sale and stamped them using the challenge colors (or my equivalent of the challenge colors).  I added some mint colored spatters in the background to represent the circle in the sketch and all the clothing is the rest of the sketch elements.



Thanks for visiting!  Head on over and check out the fabulous cards by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Winter Warmth, Winter Wonderland, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink: Mint, Teal, Soft Navy, Coral Reef (SSS)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Winter Warmth
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is fabulous! I love the stamps and dies you've used to create your Christmas-y themed card!

I Card Everyone said...

Now you KNOW I cannot resist a card with mittens!!! This is just darling, Karren - LOve the color combo! and a VERY fun Sketch!
=]

Cara said...

This is just so cute! Love those mittens x

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and I love your color combo! Great job grabbing these during the recent sale, too...a really sweet Christmas card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Just send this winter stuff my way....I'll need it soon! Adorable card!

Nora Noll said...

This is SO COOL!!! I LOVE the images you used and the layering is fantastic!!

Jen Brum said...

What an amazing card Karren! I love the hat, mitts and scarf! Great colours and such a fun design! I am totally not ready to be thinking winter yet but with the weather we've been having, it's coming sooner than later!

Jen Timko said...

Well, now, isn't this an adorable collection of winter gear?! Such a fun way to use the sketch. Love the pop from the red!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your pathetically small pile of Christmas cards just got one better now, didn't it! Fun card. Love how the hat, mittens, and scarf take the place of the shapes on the sketch. So creative!

Amy O said...

This is a fun and creative way to use the sketch! Now if only my kids could leave all of their gear on the floor in such an artful collage like this, maybe I would appreciate it more. :)

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Karren! Thanks for this so cheerful card ! I love everything about it! the fresh color palette, the sweet winter clothes ...

Stampingcountry said...

Love the playfulness of your card1