Tuesday 22 August 2017

Chill

And I'm back with my second card today for Camp Create - this time for Day 2 - Magnificent Masking.


I created this one-layer card by first stamping and masking the palm tree.  I then masked off the top and bottom of the ink-blended panel.  Once that was complete, I used some torn paper as a mask for the sand.  The reverse of that mask was used for the sea, along with another straight piece of paper.  Finally I sponged in the sky.  All the inks I used for the sponging were Distress Oxide inks and the paper is Bristol Smooth.

Once I was finished, I removed all the masks, colored the palm tree and used a Sharpie paint pen to add the waves and foam.  To give the tree something to "rest" on, I stamped the sentiment right underneath.  The birds are from the Party Like a Pirate set.

I'm also adding this to the AAA Cards Masking challenge.  Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stamps:  Penguins in Paradise, Party Like a Pirate (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen, Broken China, Salty Ocean Distress Oxides
Cardstock:  Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Blueprints 25 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White Sharpie Paint Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at AAA Cards.


5 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love the foam on the edge of the sea x

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fab card, and scene and super cas. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

Jane said...

Love it! Definitely magnificent masking going on here. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Barb Ghig said...

You've been a busy girl, I see :) GORGEOUS one layer card, Karren! Beautiful masking and flawless Copic coloring on the palm tree...I also love how you added details to the sand and ocean...I would love to be sitting on this beach with a drink right now, just chillin' :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is a gorgeous one layer card....beautifully shaded and perfectly masked!