Friday 25 August 2017

Manatee Coffee

It's time for a Just Add Ink challenge and this week we have a very cool inspiration photo, which can take you in so many directions.  My brain took the colours and the coffee theme and decided to make a card featuring a manatee drinking coffee 😁



I coloured up this adorable manatee, gave him a top hat and monocle as well as a cup of coffee using some selective masking.  In keeping with the humorous tone, I used some wonky stitched rectangles for all the panels.


I am sad to say that this is my last post as a design team member for Just Add Ink.  Over the last several months, I stepped down from three of the five DTs I was on.  Being on DTs is fun, but making the card is the easy part - blogging, commenting, voting, etc all takes up time and I was finding it really difficult to fit everything in with a full-time job and family.  For now, I'll just stick to my two remaining DTs (Freshly Made Sketches and Fusion) and play along with Just Add Ink whenever I can.  I'd like to thank Nikki and the team for inviting me to join and for making me so welcome.  This is a wonderful and supportive group and I will miss them.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to head on over to the JAI blog and check out how the rest of the DT have been inspired by this photo.  


Image may contain: text



Products used:

Stamps:  Manatee Stamp n Cut (Hero Arts), Coffee Hour (SSS)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Kraft, X-Press It, Dots & Stripes (Echo Park)
Dies:  Wonky Stitched Rectangles (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So fun! I'd tick all of those boxes!!
=]

Cara said...

Well of course a manatee drinks coffee! Why didn't I know that? Great card , fabulous masking and so much fun x

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Your coloring is always spot on! And I hear you about all the work that goes into a blog post!

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable - what a dapper gent! Jo x

Tina said...

Aww, we will miss you on the JAI team! Your cards are always gorgeous, and this cutie is no different.

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just the cutest karren! As always your colouring is superb and your design and images just inspire!
We will really miss your fun and gorgeous creations and the invaluable knowledge of all things crafty. Take care Karren and enjoy a slower pace doing what you love! xx

Aileen said...

Love this Karren, you get some of the neatest stamps. Perfectly put together.

Jan said...

Your coffee drinking manatee is so adorable Karren and your colouring and details are finntastic too :-) Thank you so much for all that you've given to JAI - not just your wonderful creations but also your willingness to share the depth of your crafty knowledge with us. We will miss you but hope that you will enjoy the slower pace to enjoy what you love doing. xx

Lou said...

That is the cutest manatee drinking coffee I have ever seen. It has been great being on JAI with you this last month and I look forward to seeing all your future creations. I hope you get to enjoy a bit of a break from the extras and just get to do come creating for fun.

KimB said...

What a fabulous way to bow out Karren. Quirky, fun and gorgeous colouring! Thanks so much all your contributions to JAI, we will miss you on the team! xxx

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

I love your fun, amazingly detailed and beautifully coloured cards, Karren. You are so very talented and creative. Your sense of humour is hilarious and I love that your cards reflect that. Thank You for being so welcoming. All the best x

Joanne Stubbings said...

Such a cute fun take on the inspiration pic! Sorry to hear you are laving the JAI team but look forward to you laying along with some challenges!

Rochelle Blok said...

SUper fun and gorgeously coloured! Such a fun take on the inspiration picture. Thanks for all your fabulous creations for JAI! I have loved seeing your creations each week and all your gorgeous colouring. All the best for the your other design teams and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the future. Rochelle xo

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm in love with this manatee! Your colouring as always is superb! As happy as I am with this card, I'm totally devo'd that you will be leaving us......I have so enjoyed you being on the team and I am going to miss your JAI creations. :(

Barb Ghig said...

Somehow I missed this one...such a fun card, Karren! Beautiful coloring as always, and I love how you layered your panels! I'm a huge coffee lover so this sign would work well for me :)