Thursday 14 May 2020

Apple Pie

Hi all!  Our Freshly Made Sketch this week is brought to us by Kim Singdahlsen.  Check it out:
As soon as I saw the strips on the sketch, I immediately thought of weaving of pie crust, so I went looking through my stash for a pie stamp and came up with this.


I had to flip the sketch onto its side to get the image to fit and did a bit of Copic coloring (and yes, I know the rolling pin is waaaay too dark, but it is what it is).


Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some great cards using this unique sketch so I hope you'll check them out.



Products used:

Stamps: All Things Apple (digi) Power Poppy
Ink:  Black Archival
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Desert Storm, Vellum, Tropical Teal (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren


Products used:

Stamps:  All Things Apple Digi (Power Poppy), More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Black Soot Archival
Cardstock:  Kraft, Tropical Teal (MFT), X-Press It, Vellum
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Clear EP, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

newbie85 said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Your coloring is BEAUTIFUL, even the rolling pin!!! Your whole card is beautiful!!! I love the design and the colors used!!!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren. Love the colouring...

Amy O said...

This is incredibly creative -- love the lattice theme you have going on with the sketch. And your coloring...gorgeous as always!

Linda Callahan said...

Yum! You create such beautiful art! Love this delightful scene!

Barb Ghig said...

I really like this card, Karren! The elements are so cute and your Copic coloring is fabulous...Love your color palette, too!

Jen Brum said...

This is such an amazing card! I just love that apple pie! It's a favourite here! Your colouring is spot on as well! So fun!

Kim S said...

Fabulous image and I love the colors. The vellum sentiment strip is just perfect with it!