Thursday 21 May 2020

In My Thoughts

Hi all and welcome to my blog.  Today's card uses the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Jen Brum.  And here is Jen's classic sketch.



I did some stenciling and ink-blending to create the centre rectangle then I did some scoring for the outer rectangle (hard to see in the photos).  After I was finished ink-blending, I stamped this beautiful butterfly and the sentiment - both from the Forever in our Hearts stamp set.


A very simple card!

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

As a side note, I've had to temporarily remove the link to sign up for email notifications of my posts.  I've been getting spammed for the last several weeks with sign-ups using the same name and different, seemingly real, email addresses and I'm just over it.  I'll put it back up in a month or so and hopefully that'll stop the spamming.


Products used:

Stamps:  Forever in our Hearts (PinkFresh Studio)
Ink:  Obsidian (Altenew), Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Masking Rectangle Stencil (Taylored Expressions)

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Karren - so classy!

I Card Everyone said...

happy sigh …. phenomenal!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

My oh my oh my.........that butterfly.....that inky background......fabulous....

Jen Timko said...

This is incredibly beautiful!! Love the colors. Sorry about the ridiculous spammers. No time for that.

Dawn T said...

Very pretty card Karren. Lovely card

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so gorgeous! I love it!

Jen Brum said...

Wow. This is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! I love that background (which I definitely need a lesson in creating) and that butterfly is so pretty! You totally rocked this one!!!

Kim S said...

Such a spectacular butterfly - and I love it on the brilliant rectangle you created.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I adore this card! You are seriously the Queen of backgrounds! I need to learn me some blending techniques!

Barb Ghig said...

This may be a simple card but it's really stunning, Karren! I love this butterfly and how you created the center rectangle for it...Absolutely beautiful, my friend!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!