Thursday 15 July 2021

Awesome

 Hi and welcome to the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge where our hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia.

This card would have to go down as the fastest card I've ever made - 15 minutes from start to finish!



I didn't think I was going to be able to make a card for this week's challenge but last night, I snuck into my craft room for 15 minutes before heading out to a coffee meeting and saw a pack of patterned paper I'd just received from my mum, who is a CTMH consultant.  I decided to make patterned paper and dies the focus of my card and this is the result.


The "You Are So" is white embossed onto black and the card base has been embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  I found a section of the patterned paper that had a darker panel at the top and used that to cut the sentiment die, which is backed onto black cardstock.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Soft Stone (PTI), Black, You Are Enough patterned paper (CTMH)
Dies:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled)
Accessories:  White EP, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a stunner Karren. The coloured paper is so pretty

Linda Callahan said...

Your 15 minute card is definitely awesome! I love it when everything comes together like that!

Kim S said...

I don't think I've ever made a card in less than hour - often multiple hours!!! I'm glad you got it done - that paper works perfectly for the strip and the sentiment!

Barb Ghig said...

Your new patterned paper is so cool and I love the colors, Karren! Great idea to emboss your card base, too...so much great texture! I've never created a card in 15 minutes...Way to go!

Ida said...

Great CAS design. Love the bold sentiment and the pretty paper you used for your card.

Jen Timko said...

That paper is certainly an inspiration! 15 min....I'm in awe. Love this.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love your card! You totally rocked this last minute sketch! Your card really is so detailed and doesn't look like a 15 min card at all - you're awesome!

Cécile RIBON said...

Your 15 minute card makes such a brilliant take on the sketch! I love how simple and yet, so eye catching it is.