Friday 9 July 2021

Feathery Hello

Welcome to the latest Fusion Challenge - blue decor.  I created a fusion of photo and sketch this time to came up with this card.


I was trying to mimic the retro/geometric look of the photo and also the blue shades from the photo.  I took a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and ran over it with the second lightest colour in the Tranquility ink set by Altenew, covering the panel completely.  I then set it aside to dry while I went searching for a suitable stencil.  This one looked perfect so I stenciled over the cardstock panel with the next shade up in the Tranquility ink set.  I then die-cut it with the hemstitch rectangle dies.

On the card base, I dry-embossed with the Subtle folder (again!) and then added the stenciled panel.  Originally I thought to put a deep red flower instead of the feathers, but it didn't look right as this was turning into a more masculine card, so I dug out this feather set and used that.  I added a bit of cool gray Copic marker onto the feather before embossing the tips in gold embossing powder,.


The sentiment is stacked three high and then double-embossed with clear embossing powder.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by my team-mates over at Fusion.



Products used:

Stamps:  Strength (Altenew)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Tranquility set (Altenew)
Cardstock:  In The Navy (Gina K), Bristol Smooth, White
Dies:  Strength (Altenew), Hemstitch Rectangles (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Geometric Grid Stencil (Aall & Create), Gold EP, Clear EP

Cheers
Karren




5 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I love the mix of goodies you chose for this card, which is a really great fusion of the sketch and photo, Karren! Fabulous color palette, especially for the men in your life, too...another awesome card, my friend!

Linda Callahan said...

Honest you create the most amazing backgrounds! This is so smart and stylish!

Dawn T said...

A really gorgeous card Karren. Love the golden tips on the feathers.

Amy O said...

Your stenciled background is amazing! Fabulous card, Karren!

Claire said...

Wonderful background Karren and the splash of gold makes it really special!