Thursday 8 July 2021

Geometric Birthday

 Hi and welcome to the newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, where this week I am the sketch hostess.  I came up with the sketch some weeks ago and then when I went to make my card, I had a brain freeze!  In the end I came up with this card:


The background vertical element is hot foiled onto the white panel using gold foil.  The leaves were stamped and Copic-coloured and then I splashed some water onto them before adding gold embossing powder and heat-setting.  I like the random look of the gold splodges.  I then fussy-cut the leaves and arranged onto my foiled panel.

The sentiment is gold embossed onto black and I finished with some black enamel dots.




Thanks so much for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous creations made by the design team.



Products used:

Stamps:  Geometric Greenery, Old Friends (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Diamonetta BG (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Foil, Gold EP, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Hot foil! You can do it all! This is gorgeous! Fun sketch this week!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Karren. Great take on the sketch.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Karren! I'm a big fan of diamonds (yes, the other kind, too) and I love how you hot foiled them along the center of this card...it's so elegant! I've been trying to resist buying a hot foil machine, but you're making it harder :) I also love your Copic coloring and how you added gold embossing to the leaves! A really beautiful birthday card!!!

Amy O said...

I love the hot-foil background! And I love the touches of gold on those pretty leaves! This was a fun sketch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Loved this sketch this week Karren and so pleased I managed to play along. The gold foiling on your card is fabulous!