Thursday 22 July 2021

Sandy Hello

Welcome to a new challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Amy O'Neill.


I took a few liberties with this week's sketch - most notably the angled panel not being angled at the top, but the horizon needs to be straight 😄My card uses masking, ink-blending, stamping, Copic colouring and embossing.  The sand was ink-blended after being masked off and then I stamped a splotchy stamp over it to mimic sand.  The sea was also masked off and stamped with a My Monthly Hero kit.  I added some white "foam" with a gel pen and stamped the sun from another kit. 

I very lightly blended some ink for the sky.



To finish the card I stamped the chair and stamped and Copic-coloured the tree.  I added some shading under both before popping up on foam tape.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.




Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero Jun 18 and Dec 20 (Hero Arts), Penguins in Paradise (MFT), Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Mocha, Espresso (Altenew), Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Mermaid Lagoon, Antique Linen Distress Inks, Gathered Twigs, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink
Cardstock:  Bristol Smooth, X-Press It
Dies:  Penguins in Paradise (MFT), My Monthly Hero Jun 18 (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, White Sharpie, White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren

 




6 comments:

Karen in Florida said...

GREAT card! I love how you did the water. I have this HA set & have used it but your card is much nicer! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn T said...

AWESOME card Karren. Love the whole design,

Amy O said...

Your details are so amazing on this incredible card! You never cease to amaze me!

Barb Ghig said...

Clever take on the sketch, Karren! Your ocean is beautiful and I love how you created the sand and added shadows to the chair and tree...Love your sun on the horizon, too ~ xx

Ida said...

Very fun summery card. Makes me want to be on a tropical beach now!

I wasn't able to get a card done in time for the challenge but I did use the sketch. You can view my card from the link if you want.

https://faithartistry.blogspot.com/2021/07/strawberry-birthday.html

Kim S said...

What a creative use of the sketch - I LOVE how you were inspired!! The "hello" is a wonderful touch!