Friday 27 August 2021

Coffee Break

 Hi all!  One of the benefits of working from home during a lockdown is that in my lunch break, I can pop into my craft room to de-stress.  Over the last few days I have been working on this card for the current SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge.  I was really drawn to the colours and I also really like the sketch so I combined both to create this card.



I created several alcohol inked panels over the weekend and this was one of them.  Sorry, I didn't record the various inks I used for each panel so I can't list them here.  I layered that panel onto a scalloped die-cut Whip Cream panel and then onto a Kraft side-folding card base.


Originally I had stamped the coffee bean heart into a circle die-cut but it didn't look right, so I fussy-cut it out which looked much better.  The cup was stamped and coloured with Copics (I stamped the 'foam' with Brown Sugar ink) and I also fussy-cut that.  Both of these elements are popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment was die-cut three times from Whip Cream and once from Hot Fudge cardstock and stacked together.  I also cut two strips of Hot Fudge cardstock, angling the ends for the vertical sketch elements.




Only 3 Copics?  Don't think I've ever only used 3 Copics on a card before... 😀

Thanks for visiting!


Products used:

Stamps:  Caffeine Addict (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K. Designs), Hot Fudge (MFT), Brown Sugar (Mama Elephant), Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  Kraft, Whip Cream, Hot Fudge (MFT), X-Press It, Yupo
Dies:  Blueprints 27 (MFT), Chatterbox Journal Card (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

I am so impressed with your alcohol-inked background and your Copic coloring is amazing, Karren! Shocked that you used only 3 colors, too...which is a tribute to your skills! Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, my friend! xx