Sunday 29 August 2021

Basket Card

 Hi!  I decided this morning to join the latest Online Card Class called Crushing on Cardstock.  I  then watched the Day 1 videos and toddled off to my craft room to make a card inspired by Caly Person's weaving cards.



It's coming up to Father's Day here in New Zealand (I think it's next weekend) so I decided to go a bit masculine and make a card for my dad.  I googled basket weaving patterns and found this one which was easy to do.  Unfortunately it was really hard to die-cut after I'd put it together and some of the rows slipped out of alignment, which I didn't see until I was editing the photos.  Oh well, I'm sure my dad will like it anyways.

The weaving was created with Neenah Desert Storm cardstock die-cut into thin strips and then woven.  The frame was die-cut three times from Ocean Tides cardstock and stacked together, as was the "Dad" word.  I white-embossed the sentiment and added that with foam tape.  It looked a bit bare so I finished with some black enamel dots cascading from the top left to the bottom right.



Thanks for visiting!  The thing I love about this hobby is that there is always something new to learn.

I'm also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.




Products used:

Stamps:  All About Dad (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Desert Storm (Neenah), Ocean Tides (PTI), Black Licorice (MFT)
Dies:  Slim Stripes (Pinkfresh Studio), Park Avenue (Mama Elephant), Dad (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Black Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a superb background Karren. I haven't enrolled for this class... but seem I should seeing your stunning card.

Jeanne H said...

I really like your card and that background is super!

Linda Callahan said...

A+ for you girl on your homework! I watched every video of that class and have done nothing......I am so bad!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose a simple pattern for your weaving...this is perfect for Father's Day, Karren, and I'll bet your dad is going to love it! xx

laurie said...

Awesome Fathers day card! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers!