Thursday 19 August 2021

Corner Thanks

 Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  Our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell and she has given us a square sketch.  I was so glad when I saw the "Any Shape" by those angled panels because me and angled panels are not friends!


My "any shape" become floral sprays using products from The Greetery.  I stamped and arranged the two groupings before adhering them to a white 5" square card base.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed three times with Platinum embossing powder but looks a bit lumpy so I'm not too happy with it.


Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:  Hoop Wreath, Opposites Attract (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versamark, Nimbus, Rouge, Crimson, Espresso (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Hoop Wreath, Opposites Attract (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Platinum EP (Altenew), Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh)

Cheers
Karren





10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your floral sprays in the corners. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

It could easily become 'thanks for being in my corner' couldn't it? So fun to have a stamp made especially for the corners that so often get ignored!
Very pretty, Karren!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Your floral sprays are perfect for this sketch! I struggled with what to put in the corners! This is lovely!

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card. So elegant.

Carol Cel said...

I really enjoy your card. Your "lumpy" sentiment is what drew me to check out your card further. I like that! A mix of formal and grunge.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! I love how these blooms and greenery worked with your corner design and your color palette is stunning! I think your platinum embossed sentiment adds great texture to your card, too! xx

Jen Mitchell said...

I would never make you use a triangle! I knew you would come up with something clever and you did not disappoint! I'm sorry your lumpy sentiment makes you sad, but I think it looks pretty cool. Those lumps add dimension. :)

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Karren! I just love those flowers and that gold embossed sentiment! I take it you feel about angled panels how I feel about circles!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just lovely! I love the softness you've given your sprigs with the colours you've used.

Cécile RIBON said...

You may not be friend with angled panels but, still, you achieved a gorgeous take on the sketch. I love the pastel floral sprays paired with this bold embossed sentiment.