Thursday 2 September 2021

Peach Flowers

Hi all and welcome to sketch #501 at Freshly Made Sketches.  Wow, what a great week last week was when we celebrated 500 sketch challenges.  Our gallery was bursting with card eye-candy and it was wonderful to see so many players.  Our sketch this week is brought to us by Kim Singdahlsen and here's the card I made with it:


I've been having fun playing along in other challenges after a couple of years of not doing much more than fulfilling my DT commitments.  So this card was made with the following challenges in mind:  Tic Tac Toe (Stencil/Any Colour Ink/Birthday) and Time Out Challenge (Coloured Card Base with Twist of Embellishments - my embellishment is the little peach enamel heart).

The floral image on this card is created using layering stencils.  I've been really drawn to coral/peachy colours lately so I went in that direction for my flowers and matched them with a Peach Bellini card base which I embossed with the Subtle EF.  The sentiment is embossed with Calypso Coral EP which is a close-enough match and I added some striped paper and thin strips of black cardstock in the background.






Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.






Finally, before I go I would like to announce the winner of my blog candy offered up last week.  There were two NZ-based commenters on last week's post and as I have extra brand-new goodies to give away I will send both Lyn and Dawn T a prize.  Lyn and Dawn - thank you for your support.  Please email me by clicking on the blue envelope in the right-hand sidebar and let me know your mailing addresss.


Products used:

Stamps:  Birdie Brown Greetings Galore (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Sea Shore, Coffee Break, Sugarplums, Martian Terrain sets (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Peach Bellini, B&W Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Flower Bunch Stencil, Enamel Heart (Altenew), Calypso Coral EP (SU), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

 




11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you are so clever to combine these challenges - and your darling card is a winner, for sure!!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty Karren! Those flowers are just gorgeous and the colours so cheery! Love the striped paper in the background! So very lovely!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow the colors you used here are fabulous - this is gorgeous! And as always you know to how use black to add the glam!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Karren. And thanks for your generosity. I can't wait till my goodies arrive.

Barb Ghig said...

Your stenciled panel is really beautiful, Karren! I love your color palette (one of my faves, too) and how your striped paper in the background adds dimension to your design! Gorgeous card ~ xx

Shauna said...

Beautiful card! I like the colors and layers. The sentiment strip is a great touch. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Judy Rozema said...

I love the colors you used! Such pretty flowers. I have many times felt like all I did was commitments; it's fun to play in new challenges now that I'm not working for any companies!

Danni Reid said...

Such a beautiful card, love your interpretation of the sketch and your cardstock is such a beautiful color!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Those colours are really so pretty together - so soft and really striking with the black accents.

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card. I like the black striped paper over the peach card. The stamps you used are so pretty!

Cécile RIBON said...

These happy color floral panel is just gorgeous and I love how you ^paired it with the black and white stripes.