Thursday 9 September 2021

Stuck

Hi!  This week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Jen Brum and I used it to make my first Christmas card of the year.
 

I couldn't resist MFT Stamps' latest card kit and it arrived last week.  I used one of the examples in the kit to create my ink-blended background which I then hot-foiled with gold "snow" once it was dry.  The Santa and chimney were oloured with Copics and die-cut and the sentiment was also hot-foiled.



When it came time to sort out a card base, I didn't want to go with white so went with Eggplant which is a lovely deep purple shade.  Of course, I had to emboss it with the Subtle embossing folder!  I matted the central image with gold mirror cardstock and then adhered all the elements onto the card base.





Thanks for visiting!  Please do check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Stuffed Santa (MFT)
Ink: Amalgam (Gina K Designs); Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord Distress Inks
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Bristol Smooth, Gold Mirror Card, White, Eggplant (MFT)
Dies:  Stuffed Santa, Rectangle Stax dies 1 & 2 (MFT); Holiday Sentiment Series 2, Glimmer Winter Village (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Foil, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Ho, ho OH so cute!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Karren! I love that Santa! I also love the colour combination ! The purple is such a beautiful background! I'm glad I'm not the only one making my first Christmas card of the year!

Dawn T said...

Love it Karren. It's just delightful. The gold snow is perfect.

Amy O said...

I love the gold foil touches on this fun Christmas card! Such a cute card!

Linda Callahan said...

The gold and eggplant are fabulous together! Such a fun card! Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Karren! I don't think he's going to fit inside that chimney :) Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, and I love your gold snowflakes ~ xx

Judy Rozema said...

Delightfully fun with such neat colors together! Your card made me smile.