Monday 6 September 2021

Shiny Leaves

 Hi!  I'm here with a card for a few challenges:  Just Us Girls want 6 of something on their cards to celebrate their 600th challenge which is an amazing achievement!  Sunday Stamps have a gorgeous colour challenge, although I now see it says the colours must be the primary colours and I think the black card base may disqualify me.   (So I went back to my craft room and made a second card using all the same products but with a cream card base 😄) I played with Sketch Saturday's sketch and, without measuring, am hoping my card fits the Up to One Third challenge at AAA Cards, where I did use the optional twist of leaves.



I started this card by creating the alcohol-inked panel with Yupo paper and various alcohol inks matching the colours at Sunday Stamps.  Once I was finished I die-cut it with a leaf die and also stacked it four deep with three white die-cuts to give it some stability.  


The sentiment was white-embossed onto a strip of Sage Leaf cardstock and added to the card base.

And here is the second card with the cream card base:



I have to say I much prefer the dramatic look of the black card base, but the cream one is pretty, too.

Here's a photo of the alcohol-inked Yupo I had left over after die-cutting my leaf, so you can see the gorgeous colours.


Thanks for visiting!



Products used:

Stamps:  More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark; Alcohol Ink (Lemonade, Dandelion, Butterscotch, Valencia, Terra Cotta, Pesto, Statue)
Cardstock:  Black, Whip Cream (MFT), Yupo
Dies:  Skeleton Leaves (Tim Holtz), Stitched Dot Circle (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sketch Saturday and Sunday Stamps.

17 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two delightful cards. Love them both.

Claire said...

Both stunners Karren!

marilyn said...

Totally love cards! That leftover Yupo was stunning as well! What did you do with it??

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your leaves cut out of the gorgeous inked panel. It gives a realistic look. Thanks for joining in at JUGS 600th!

Heather said...

Wow, Karren, these are GORGEOUS! Such a perfect showcase of our colors, elegantly displayed! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Dena J said...

They are both gorgeous! But I, too, really love the dramatic black background.♥ Thank you so much for sharing these with us at Sketch Saturday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! These are amazing!

Jane said...

So dramatic with the black card base, but your colours are so striking it looks equally as beautiful on the white too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards , hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Those 2 cards are just fabulous! These alcohol ink leaves are absolutely gorgeous, especially against the black background. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the ink blending you did on that paper!! Both your cards are so pretty. I love the foliage against the black.

Stef Perry said...

Wow, the alcohol ink leaf is absolutely gorgeous Karren and looks terrific on both panels, although I have to say the dramatic look against the black is my favorite. And you are a master with the alcohol inks, the remaining panel is just stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Chrissie said...

Fab technique, fab cards!
Chrissie x

Ina G said...

Both cards are beautiful and I really love the black background on yout gorgeous inking. Thanks for adding to our gallery for our 600th Challenge.

Heidi Baks said...

I love the die-cutting out of the yupo paper - what a fun idea! Your cards are stunning! Thank you for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

Barb Ghig said...

Both versions are really beautiful, Karren! I love the colors you chose for the leaves and the stitched dot circles are just perfect! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my these are fabulous! That alcohol ink panel you created is gorgeous! Perfect for the leaves!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, these cards are soooo beautiful! The alcohol ink panel is stunning! The leaves are fantastic! LOVE these cards! So happy
you joined us at Sunday Stamps!