Wednesday 1 September 2021

Beautiful Birthday

 Hi and welcome!  I am thrilled to win a recent challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More and receive an invite to be a Guest Designer for this challenge where the theme is Birthdays.


For my card I went with a floral theme to come up with this card:


I have to admit I put off buying Beautiful Day for years.  When it first came out, it was as if every second card on the internet used this set so I didn't buy it as I was seeing it too much.  I gave in recently and bought it when it was on special and I can now understand why it is so popular!  It is a beautiful set and so easy to line up.

I stamped with coral shades for the flower and gray shads for the leaves.  I stacked together the three Fiori plates for the base, adding interest without detracting from the flower.  I arranged the flower and leaves in the bottom left corner and finished with a white-embossed sentiment on black cardstock.


Thanks for visiting and thanks to Kylie for inviting me to join them for this challenge.

I am linking this card up to the tic-tac-toe challenge at The Paper Players (feminine/birthday/florals)






Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Day (Altenew), Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Morning Frost, Evening Gray (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Beautiful Day (Altenew), Fiori Plate Set (Birch Press Design)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren
  




9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. Yes, Beautiful Day is a great set. I go back to it time and time again. Love the layer background too. Looks stunning in the white.

Narelle Farrugia said...

A card after my own flowery lover heart! x

Jaydee said...

I love that gorgeous background, Karren - perfect texture and layering to support your beautiful floral. Fabulous feminine card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

This is gorgeous! Love those dies!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful ink colours for this pretty flower! The intricate die background is gorgeous. Great to have you joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More for this challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! Such a pretty color palette, too...I love that you chose gray for the leaves and how everything pops against your background!
Congrats on your well-deserved win and your Guest Designer spot ~ xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren that layered background plate is beautiful and that soft blousy floral is so feminine. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, just wow! That layered background plate is beautiful! I love the gorgeous flowers and the color combo! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!

Izzy Scrap said...

What a gorgeous card ! Love the wonderful background plate which beautifully highlight this lovely flower. Thanks for being our talented GD for this challenge over at ATSM.