Thursday 2 September 2021

Stacked Hexies

 Hi again!  I've been a more frequent blogger these last few weeks and I'm back today with my first post of two.  This post is some more homework from the Crushing on Cardstock class that I joined.  I made a card using one of Kristina Werner's classes as inspiration and came up with this card:

The hexagons were die-cut and outlined with a Fantastix applicator and Enchanted Gold pigment ink.  I then stacked them using glue dots between the layers to keep the total depth down.  Onto the bottom layer I added a black panel with some hexagons stamped in the same gold pigment ink.




The bees were already stamped, coloured and die-cut so it was a simple thing to add them with foam tape.

The sentiment was gold-embossed and I finished with some white pearls.


The bonus day was about organisation, so here is a photo of my coloured cardstock.


I have all my cardstock in file drawers.  Most colours have one shade per file but I'm running out of room so newer acquisitions are put two to a file.  Inside each folder is the cardstock in its original packaging and a L-shaped plastic folder for cut cardstock and scraps.  I put a punched out sample of each colour onto the tag so I can see the shades at a glance.  I have one drawer for coloured cardstock, a second drawer for neutrals and assortment packs of coloured card and a third drawer for patterned paper and specialty cardstock.  The tabs without a manufacturer are my MFT cardstocks because they form the bulk of my collection.

I'm linking this card to the Take Flight theme at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and the Nature theme at Addicted to CAS because bees are critical to nature and our very survival (even though these are bumblebees but I'm using a bit of artistic licence, here 😄)







Thanks for visiting!

Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero January 2021 (Hero Arts), Assorted Greetings (Gina K Designs)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versamark, Enchanted Gold (Altenew)
Cardstock:  Black, X-Press It, Harvest Gold (PTI), Lemon Tart (PTI), Banana Split (MFT), Lemon Chiffon (MFT)
Dies:  My Monthly Hero (Hero Arts), Hexagon Infinity Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, Antique Gold EP (SSS), Pearls, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Cupcake Inspiration.

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is a beautiful card ....and fun! Love the bees and their hive! You get an A plus for sure in that class! And your paper is very organized!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Karren! Your bumblebees are the perfect accent to your stacked hexies and I love how you played with the various shades of yellow!
Great organization idea for cardstock...Thanks! And, thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Dawn T said...

So clever Karren. So cute with your little bumblebees.

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE how you used the hexagon on this!! Great design!! Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

Quillish said...

Wow.. this is so fun and adorable! In love with your design and the attention to details with the honey comb in gold! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and showing us your flight. Hugs ~ Ishani

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh so that's how cardstock is supposed to be organised....I just throw mine in a pile...Gorgeous card Karren!