Thursday 13 January 2022

Ice Cream Sundae

Welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Judy Rozema and her sketch is so versatile!


I had just received this new stamp set from Altenew and wanted to try it out, so I created an ice cream sundae using various Altenew inks and then decided it was close enough to fit the sketch components.  

I wanted to make my sundae with mint choc chip and chocolate flavours so went looking for a chocolate chip stamp rather than try and create these tiny little chips with a Copic marker.  I found a stamp in the Sprinkled with Joy set and used that.  To finish the image, I went over the chocolate sauce and cherry with Glossy Accents.

To add a bit of interest, I used a dotted coverplate on the card vase after I stamped the sentiment.  


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the DT.


Products used:

Stamps:  All Things Sweet (Altenew), Lots to Say (Reverse Confetti), Sprinkled with Joy (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Coffee Break Set, Delectable Delights set, Mint Chocolate, Mountain Mist, Crimson, Velvet (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  All Things Sweet, Dotted Starburst (Altenew)
Accessories:  Glossy Accents, Bubble Blow Out Dots (Trinity Stamps)

Cheers
Karren


 

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

My favorite evening snack, Karren! though recently, I've switched my hot chocolate to hot caramel!
Delectable card!
=]

Amy O said...

Well doesn't this look yummy! And the touch of Glossy Accents - perfection! Such a fun card, Karren!

lostinpaper said...

I've have this set because I loved this sundae, but I'm yet to stamp it out (th cupcake won the first round lol). I just adore your choc mint version Karren!

Dawn T said...

This is one gorgeous card Karren. That ice-cream sundae is delightful

Linda Callahan said...

An ice cream sundae always works for me! Adorable card - and I love the dotted background! I can never seem to find cover plates!

Judy Rozema said...

That cover plate really is amazing! I love your sundae and what a CUTE idea for the sketch. The cherry looks amazing all glossed up! The sundae looks delish!

Barb Ghig said...

Your ice cream sundae looks good enough to eat, Karren! I love your embossed background and how you added shine to the cherry and sauce, too...so fun!

Jen Brum said...

This card is absolutely amazing Karren! I LOVE that sundae! It looks so real and so delicious! I love the background as well! It's gorgeous!

Cécile RIBON said...

Yum! What an awesome card! This sunday ice cream looks so true. I love this fabulous dotted background.