Thursday 20 January 2022

Tulip Window

 Hi!  I'm here with my card for the latest Freshly Made Sketch Challenge where our hostess this week is Jennifer Timko.  I sort of went a touch rogue with the sketch but I hope you can see the intent!


I had just received this stamp and die set and wanted to do some Copic colouring.  Once I was finished I figured I could use it for the sketch and so went about making my card.  The bricks were stamped directly onto the card base as was the sentiment.  The window and window box were die-cut and I added some patterned paper behind the window for interest.  The whole image was popped up on foam tape and adhered to the card base.


Finally, I coloured the tulips with clear sparkle pen.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.
I'm linking this up to a new-to-me challenge called Perfectly CAS who are looking for flowers.  Hopefully I've squeaked in with the 1/3 requirement.  I'm also joining in at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge who have an Anything Goes theme this month.







Products used:

Stamps:  Window Box Blooms (SSS), Fresh Air (The Greetery)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Obsidian (Altnew), Almond Butter, Milk Chocolate (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Ink Drops - Earth (Craft Consortium)
Dies:  Window Box Blooms (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Ahhh tulips……so pretty…..your coloring is spot on and gorgeous and I love the bit of brick!

I Card Everyone said...

Go rogue anytime you'd like, Karren! This is a gorgeous look at Jacquie's sketch!
Tulips are just what the doctor ordered today!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty Karren! I love those tulips! They're my favourite flower! Your colouring is spot on as always!

Dawn T said...

What a lovely card Karren. Love the CAS look

Kim S said...

You've created such a sweet scene! Beautifully colored and I love the hint of sparkle!

Jen Mitchell said...

Another beautifully colored card. The tulips below the window with the bricks are a lovely combination. And I love the bit of sparkle you added!

Judy Rozema said...

You know me - I love rogue sketch cards (mine also this week!)! I love it, and can fully see the sketch. What a sweet window!

Cécile RIBON said...

Another fabulous sample of your amazing coloring skill! This card is gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

Another fabulous card, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring and I love the window and brick wall...A really stunning CAS card!

Lynda said...

This is gorgeous Karren. Love the bricks stamped behind the flower box, great colouring, and great idea to add patterned paper behind the window. Thanks so much for joining us at HLS CAS Challenge. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

BożenA said...

A great entry to our challenge. This window is so cute with a box of flowering tulips. Such a pretty card.
Thank you for joining our PC challenge.
BożenA DT Perfectly CAS