Saturday 1 January 2022

Bokeh Joy

 Hi!  I've made another card during my time off work!  This time I made it for the current sketch at MFT and the colour challenge at Sunday Stamps.



I thought I was over making Christmas cards for a long while, but apparently not... 😄

When I first saw the challenge graphic at Sunday Stamps, I had intended to make my own bokeh background using the challenge colours, but then I remembered my favourite patterned paper - Blurry Flurries - so found a couple of pieces that suited and went to work.

This card has way more layers than I'm used to!  I started with a Whip Cream card base, then added a stitched Dark Indigo layer, then the patterned paper.  Onto that I added the stitched flags in Autumn Rose and the black-stamped sentiment across those.  The central image was backed with another Dark Indigo stitched panel then patterned paper in a pinky tone.  The word "Joy" was die-cut from gold foil cardstock (I took a bit of creative licence and assumed the mustardy shade in the challenge would stretch to gold).  The snowflakes on top were cut from pale pink and Autumn Rose cardstock and stacked slightly off-set.



I finished with a pearl that I coloured dark blue with a Copic marker.

Thanks for visiting!



Products used:

Stamps:  Filled With Joy (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whip Cream, Pink Lemonade (MFT), Autumn Rose, Dark Indigo (PTI), Blurry Flurries (Whimsy Stamps), gold foil
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax, Filled With Joy (MFT)
Accessories:  Pearl

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sunday Stamps.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Karren, I love this! Great use of our colors for sure, and what a fun sketch! Happy New Year! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Eek, so pretty! I love the pinks/purples for a non-traditional Christmas card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Linda Callahan said...

I thought the same thing when I saw this card - wow that's a lot of layers for Karren! But it all came together perfectly! I love the colors you used - beautiful!

Stef Perry said...

I absolutely love how your card turned out Karren! The patterned paper is perfect for the challenge. In fact, I have that same paper pack and was going to use it but ended up going a different direction. So glad you joined the challenge and shared your beautiful card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is GORGEOUS!!!!! The patterned paper is just perfect!!!! WOW! This card would bring joy to whoever receives it! HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIEND! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!!