Saturday 1 January 2022

Leafy Wishes

 Hi!  Here I am for the second time today!  I have been wanting to make a card for the Altenew Year in Review challenge and in doing so, I also created a card for Time Out Challenge, who are looking for "New".  The dies and stamps on this card are all brand new - arrived earlier this week - and this is their first outing.



I have wanted this leaf die set since it was released and finally got it!  I also got the new sentiment stamp set and this is the first time I've used the Fine Frames cover die - even though I've had it since it was released.

I chose cardstock colours that most closely matched the August 2021 inspiration photo and did some die-cutting.  I then put the elements together, offsetting the top layer slightly to add a touch of whimsy.

I did some stamp surgery on the sentiment as it had the word "sweet" in it and I didn't want that for this particular card.



The card was looking a bit bare so I went hunting through my dies and die-cut a frame out of black cardstock and adhered it with liquid glue.  I finished with some matching enamel dots.

Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Sentiment Strips (Altenew)
Ink:  Obsidian (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bubblegum (MFT), Guava (Lawn Fawn), Paradise (Hero Arts)
Dies:  Leaf Mix, Fine Frames Cover (Altenew)
Accessories:  Cherry Blossom, Red Cosmos, Sea Shore Enamel Dots (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great card! I love those stamps and dies and the simple and wonderful design you created with them. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh these funky leaves are cute! Fun card!

AarthiS said...

Love this card😍 beautiful colour combination! Happy new year and thank you for playing with us at TimeOut 💕