Thursday 1 September 2022

Autumn Gratitude

Hi, our Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week was designed by Kim Singdahlsen and I went with an autumn theme - even though we are coming into spring here in NZ.  It's just easier to follow the northern hemisphere seasons when it comes to card-making, so autumn it is!

When I made this card last week, I was in the mood to colour, so colour I did.  I went with some colour combos that I don't usually use and I quite like them.  Once finished colouring, I cut the images with my Scan n Cut and set them to one side.  I went looking for some similar shades in my Memory Box cardstock pads and adhered three strips to an embossed and die-cut panel.  

 

I attached that panel to a white card base then adhered the images with foam tape.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.



Products used:

Stamps:  Fall Friends (MFT)
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Sunny Orange, Lush Green Pads (Memory Box)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle EF (SU), white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That set is never going out of style for me, Karren! You've chosen gorgeous Autumnal colors for your fabulous coloring!
=]

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just so adorable Karren! I love that sweet girl and her pumpkins! Your colouring is absolutely amazing!! This is just perfect for fall!!!

Amy O said...

I love this sweet image and your beautiful coloring! And I love the Fall colors no matter the season.

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Karren. What a lovely card.

Kim S said...

Such a sweet image and as always, I am in awe of your coloring! She's so cute on the simple striped background.

Ida said...

Super cute card! - That image is just precious and your coloring is awesome. - Love the fall feel it has (one of my favorite seasons).

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so perfectly fall~your coloring is spot on! Gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

I admire your autumn feelings despite spring being on it's way in NZ! I suppose it's quite like Christmas in July! You are a whiz with those Copics and I love the subtle texture on the background.

Jen Timko said...

She is just so sweet. I love your colors and your fun details on the scarf. Crazy that your crafting lives in "opposite world" but given the companies, makes sense.

Cécile RIBON said...

This image is super cute, Karren. As usual, I'm totally wowed by your coloring skills.