Thursday 20 October 2022

Snowflake Christmas

 Hi and welcome to a new challenge from the Freshly Made Sketches team, where this week Jacquie Southas is our hostess.  Again, I took a few liberties with her sketch and came up with this card:


For some reason, when I sat down to make this card, I couldn't come up with anything for the squares - yet I love colour-blocked cards!  Go figure!  So I deviated slightly and added three elements in roughly the same spots as the squares and the sentiment where it is meant to go 😄

The snowflake dies and the sentiment are all stacked three deep for dimension and the snowflakes were spritzed with shimmer spray before being adhered to the card.  The background paper is from my hoarded Blurry Flurries pack.  The sentiment is silver hot-foiled and I finished with some pearls.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll play along with the challenge and check out the fabulous cards made by the DT.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Blurry Flurries Patterned Paper (Whimsy Stamps)
Dies:  Eliza, Abby (SSS), Lindeman (Memory Box), Yana's Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Silver Hot Foil, Cool Pearls (Honey Bee), Shimmer Spray

Cheers
Karren







7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Works beautifully to me, Karren! What is it about purple for Christmas this year?? I'm using it, too!! I think it's my new pink!! lol
=]

Jeanne H said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bokeh affect paper in the background and your marvelous take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

Well I love snowflakes and wow your flakes on purple are fabulous! This is gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Karren. A great take on the sketch and love, love, love that stunning background paper.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! Snowflakes were part of my original idea so I love seeing them here. Especially of this gorgeous designer paper.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous paper to showcase your gorgeous snowflakes with Karren - love your 'take' on the sketch
Blessings
Maxine