Monday 24 October 2022

Woodsy Hello

 Hi!  It's a Public Holiday here in New Zealand today (Monday), so I had a chance to get into my craft room and make a card for a few challenges - something I don't get a chance to do often enough.

I was drawn to the inspiration photo at Just Us Girls and paired that with the sketch at The Paper Players and the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge where I went with Die-Cut...Twine...Trees/Woods.  I'm hoping that branches count as trees/woods?  


I created a bouquet of branches using a die from Concord & 9th as well as the Botanicuts:  Pussy Willow dies where I coloured the white die-cuts with Copics.  I tied the bunch with some twine and set it aside to work on the rest of my card.  I wanted to keep with the neutral tones of the photo and bring in the woodgrain and foliage as well as a black heart.  Patterned paper matted onto black cardstock worked for  the sketch elements and a hot-foiled and die-cut sentiment was added with foam tape.


Thanks for visiting!



Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Black, Desert Storm, Wood & Notebook Basics (Snap)
Dies:  Botanicuts:  Pussy Willow (The Greetery), Layering Leaves (Concord & 9th), Fall Foliage Hot Foil Sentiments and dies (Honey Bee Stamps)
Accessories:  Twine, Copics, White Hot Foil, Enamel Heart

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Tic-Tac-Toe and Paper Players.

15 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Karren, what a pretty card! I love the wood grain with the branches. And the greeting really pops in black! Great job with the sketch and combining all the challenges! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! Those pussy willows look REAL!! Beautiful fall creation! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at the Players!

I Card Everyone said...

So glad you had an extra day to play, Karren - I always enjoy the fruits of your day! This darling woodsy beauty is right up my alley - as I said earlier: be still my neutral-loving heart!
=]

Nancy said...

Karen, Yay for a Holiday! As soon as I saw this card on IG I knew you were inspired by the photo at Just Us Girls. You certainly did a wonderful job! I adore this! Thanks for playing along and take care!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, Karren! The woodgrain paper forms the perfect backdrop for the pussy willows, which steal the show! The black sentiment really "pops"! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way you combined all of the challenges into one incredible card! This is a real beauty, Karren! So happy to have you join us at Just Us Girls!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Karren. It's fabulous

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous. Love all the neutral tones. Those die-cuts are perfect with the photo and sketch. TFS

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren those pussy willows are really eye-catching and I love the sentiment on the woodgrain feature panel too. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week - and for embracing my board over at TicTacToe too!

Carol said...

I just love your gorgeous take on our photo this week Karren! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls!

Ina G said...

Love that checked and woodgrain background Karren. Fabulous variety of coloured dies and what a super bold HELLO sentiment. Brilliant take on our Photo Challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of your talent. Thanks and so glad you shared with us at JUGS.

Vicky Hayes said...

I really love all these cool neutrals with just a touch of green in your branches Karren. The black of the sentiment looks great against the wood grain too. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe this week! Vicky x

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This branches bouquet is absolutely gorgeous, Karren. And I love the naturel feel of this card with this beautiful woodgrain panel. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the branch bouquet but, the wood grained background and natural feel to this card is spectacular. The black really makes it pop! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! I Always love your cards!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous!