Thursday 27 October 2022

What's The Buzz

Hi and welcome to the newest sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Jennifer Timko.  Here is what I created using Jennifer's sketch. 



When I first saw the sketch, I immediately saw a Christmas wreath, but I decided to go in another direction and use a NBUS set from The Greetery.  I stamped the images and die-cut them with the co-ordinating dies, then set them aside to work on the card base.

Firstly, I ink-blended Speckled Egg Distress Ink in the centre of the card base, fading it out towards the edges but trying to keep to a circular shape.  Once I was happy with the depth of colour and the size, I created a circle mask from printer paper and used the negative over the panel to avoid getting splatters where I didn't want them.  I splattered on Speckled Egg and Broken China inks then added some Amplify pigment ink because I couldn't find my Gouache.  I added some white gel pen dots to increase the white and set it aside to dry.


The sentiment was hot foiled using white opaque hot foil and die-cut with the co-ordinating die.  I then assembled the card, trying to keep as close to the sketch as I could.  The bee's wings were covered in clear sparkle pen and I called it done!

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Honey Jar (The Greetery)
Ink:  Speckled Egg, Broken China Distress Ink, Versafine Onyx Black, Sea Glass (Altenew), Shea Butter, Tiara, Glitz, Over Coffee, Icing on the Cake (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Honey Jar (The Greetery), Fall Foliage Hot Foil Sentiments, Fall Foliage Frame (Honey Bee Stamps)
Accessories:  Amplify Ink, White Opaque Hot Foil, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

We all can use a little more sweetness in our lives, Karren - this is a honey of a thank you card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love the blue inking in the background! Very cute, Karren!

Dawn T said...

clever take on the sketch Karren. Just love the pot of hunny! Gorgeous card.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karren- love the way you have used the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - you are a master at so many techniques! I love this!

lichazul said...

Cute card, congrats 👍
Happy day