Thursday 13 October 2022

Snowy Christmas

Hi and welcome to a new sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where this week our hostess is Judy Rozema.  I sort of deviated slightly from the sketch but here's my card:


I wanted to make this gorgeous patterned paper the star of the show so mounted a panel onto a white mat then onto a white card base.,

My original idea was to have an embossed vellum panel for the horizontal strip but it gave me fits - first cracking, then when I added double-sided adhesive paper behind it, it turned it opaque!  In frustration, I decided to use two simple glitter strips and make the sentiment the focus of the card.



Thanks for visiting.  Please head over to check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm linking this up to Sweet Stampin' Challenge who are looking for anything but a birthday card.

Products used:

Stamps:  Wonderful Christmas (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Silver Glitterm, Winter's Sparkle patterned paper (Crafters Companion)
Accessories:  Sterling EP (Brutus Monroe), gems

 

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH this collection from CC passed my eye, Karren! SO gorgeous with your silver-embossed sentiment!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the simplicity and elegance of your design! Pretty card, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

This card is beautiful Karren! I just love that patterned paper! Those sparkly strips look amazing! A perfect Christmas card!

Judy Rozema said...

Your glitter strips idea was brilliant to show off that starry paper. I love your elegant card!

Linda Callahan said...

Glitter....sparkle...gorgeous paper~ love it!

Jen Timko said...

I'm sure it was a headache to get here but I love the end result! All the silver and sparkle make for such an elegant look.