Saturday 12 November 2022

Butterfly Wishes

I'm here with my second card as Guest Designer over at Just Us Girls Challenge.  This week we are challenged to make a matching envelope. 
I don't ever think to make a matching envelope so this was a fun challenge.  I decided to see how hot-foiling on envelopes worked and I'm happy to report it worked perfectly!



I hot-foiled the butterflies onto cardstock and the smaller one again on a white envelope.  I then used stencils to colour them in before using my Scan n Cut to cut the cardstock ones out.  Onto a white card base, I hot-foiled a frame using the same gold foil and also a birthday sentiment.  I added some black under the sentiment to give it a bit of weight.  I then added the butterfly with foam tape.  Here are a few more photos.






Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out the fabulous cards and matching envelopes made by the design team, then give it a go yourself!




Products used:

Ink:  Whipped Honey, Tiara, Glitz, Mandarin Spice, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Butterflies (Pink Fresh), A2 Layers (Waffle Flower), Modest Greetings 1 (Poppy Stamps)
Accessories:  Gold Matte Foil, Warm & Cozy Enamel Dots (Altenew), Butterflies Stencils (Pink Fresh)

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Wow!! Fabulous card and envelope I just adore the beautiful colours here and they work so well with the foiling.

Marie

Vicki Dutcher said...

So stunning with the added gold. Beautiful matching envie!

cm said...

Karren, this card and envelope pairing is breath-taken-away stunning! Gorgeous butterflies and the foiling adds such elegance! I've not embraced the hot foiling yet (budget goes only so far), but seeing what you've done sure has me thinking!
~carol

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card and envelope. Love that beautiful butterfly. I have this set but have not used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration. I pinned it.

I Card Everyone said...

Incredibly beautiful - anywhere it lands!
=]

Marlena M. said...

STUNNING!!! WOW!!!

ElizStewart said...

Karren... SPECTACULAR! The foiling just takes the card over the top! Love it. Thanks so much for sharing your talents at Just Us Girls this month!

Karen said...

Both the card and the envelope are stunning!!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are beautiful, Karren!

kiwimeskreations said...

How exquisitely elegant Karren
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

I was star-struck when I saw your card and envelope, Karren! Awesome job!

Carol said...

Beautiful, and with a matching envelope that is just as stunning! So glad you are guesting with us Karren!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your beautiful butterflies are stunning! I love the gold foiling and beautiful coloring on your card and matching envelope. Beautiful design and love the addition of the enamel dots and little heart.

Amy O said...

Oh, my goodness! This is a total WOW card! That butterfly is gorgeous, and the gold frame sets everything perfectly.

Bobby said...

The envelope is a wonderful tease for the gorgeous card inside, Karren. Those foiled butterflies take my breath away.

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous! Whomever receives this card/envelope is in for a treat! Love the colors you chose as well!

Ina G said...

Simply breathtakingly beautiful Karren - card and envelope. Swooning here!

Linda Callahan said...

As my dad would say....you are a whiz bang with that foiling! Wow - beyond gorgeous!