Thursday 10 November 2022

Roof Deer

 Hi and welcome to another sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team, where our sketch hostess this week is Linda Callahan.  I have to admit I stretched the sketch somewhat this week with my card, but if you stand on your head and squint you might just see the sketch - sort of!


For the two overlapping panels on the sketch, I used the chimney and roof as one and the deer as the other, reversing the way they overlapped.  Make sense or am I over-justifying?  Anyway, I stamped, coloured and die-cut the images and went to work on my background, which was ink-blended with Distress Inks and then stenciled over with Snowfall Grit Paste and a snowfall stencil.


I bought this stamp set when it was first released, which I think was in 2018 and this is the first time I've used it.  Shame!


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Rooftop Reindeer (Hello Bluebird)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Rooftop Reindeer (Hello Bluebird)
Accessories:  Copics, Falling Snow Stencil (SSS), Grit Paste Snowfall (Ranger)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stretched or not, this is an adorable card/scene, Karren!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

So cute!

Dawn T said...

Yeap... can see it! It's gorgeous Karren. That little deer is super cute!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute scene Karren - love your blended sky!!
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Brum said...

This card is absolutely fabulous Karren! I love that adorable little reindeer! Your colouring is amazing - as always and that snow looks so real. Perfect for Christmas!

Linda Callahan said...

I can see those three elements perfectly! This is an adorable scene - love it! And oh that snow....so pretty! Made my sketch look fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

Your darling reindeer is perfect for your rooftop scene...Beautiful Copic coloring, too! Super cute card, Karren!

Amy O said...

I love this scene! That background is just gorgeous! And I can see the sketch - no problem.

Jen Timko said...

Whatever....I'm pretty much the queen of needing squinting on a sketch. I totally see it here. This card is just so darn adorable!