Tuesday 15 November 2022

Many Arches

Hi and welcome!  I'm at the beginning of a week off work and I have no plans but to relax, create and maybe catch up with a few friends - my idea of a perfect holiday!

This first card was made using the colours from The Paper Players and the Many of Something theme at Seize the Birthday.  I have many arches and used many blues in my masculine birthday card.


I silver hot-foiled the Geo Arches hot foil plate onto some white cardstock and then used the co-ordinating stencils to colour it.  Believe it or not, this has about 6 different blues on it!  I wasn't happy with the combo originally so went over a couple of stencils again with different blues.  I ended up with Prize Ribbon, Faded Jeans and Uncharted Mariner.



I die-cut it with a rectangle stax die and matted that onto silver foil before adding it to a black card base.  The sentiment was already hot-foiled with the same silver foil so it was easy to add some foam tape and adhere it to the card.

I'm also linking this card to the Happy Little Stampers Stencil and Birthday challenges.

Thanks so much for visiting!





Products used:

Ink:  Prize Ribbon, Faded Jeans, Uncharted Mariner Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Black, Silver Foil, White
Dies:   Geo Arches Hot Foil Plate (Pink Fresh), Happy Birthday Hot Foil Plate and Die (Waffle Flower), Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Geo Arches Stencils (Pink Fresh), Silver Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

 Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at The Paper Players.

10 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is FABULOUS! I have no idea how to hot foil, but this card is stunning! I love all the shades of blue and that big, bold sentiment! You rocked our colors and The Paper Players this week! I am always happy to see you in the gallery!

Dawn T said...

Stunning card Karren. That's a fabulous hot foil plate and looks incredible in the blues.

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous!
=]

Barbara said...

Great masculine card and I find that I need to make more of them. This is a great inspiration and looks easy for mass production too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Karren, that hot foiling is gorgeous. You used the colors beautifully. I love that the card can be good for any gender. So sophisticated
so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

Total work of art - gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

Karren, Sounds like a perfect week off to me too. Love your foiled and stenciled card. The black border and bold greeting really make this card dramatic and eye-catching. Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday! Have a good Friday and weekend.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous background stenciling great card! Thanks for joining in at STB challenge and also HLS stencil challenge

Julie B said...

Super, classy masculine card, your stencilling is immaculate!
Thanks for joining in at HLS Birthday. :)

BożenA said...

This is a really special card. Well designed. I love the background you made for this card. The perfect male card.
Thanks for joining our challenge at HLS Birthday.
Bozena DT HLS Birthday