Wednesday 16 November 2022

Poinsettia Joy

 Hi, I'm back with a card for the current Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge where I've gone with the centre row of Holiday Floral/Free/Red.  I also used the sketch at Sunday Stamps and the Christmas theme at Krafty Chicks.


I created the poinsettia from a Spellbinders die set and before adhering the layers together, I added some Statue Foundry Wax to the edges of the petals and holly leaves.  I die-cut the word Joy from matte gold foil and adhered the J and the Y to a smaller panel of white, which I'd matted onto some more of the gold matte foil. 



The sentiment was hot-foiled onto black.  I decided not to add any embellishments because I wanted a clean card.

Thanks for visiting.  And before I go, it's coming into summer here in New Zealand and I went out to the garden this morning and picked this bunch of flowers, which is something I very rarely do!  The roses smell lovely!





Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Black, Gold Matte Foil, Jelly Bean, Wild Cherry (MFT)
Dies:  Holiday Blooms, Holiday Sentiments Series 2 (Spellbinders), Big Joy (SSS), A2 Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Statue Foundry Wax, Gold Matte Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sunday Stamps.


8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just so beautiful Karren. Love this design.

Jeanne H said...

A truly beautiful card!! And I am so envious of your flowers. Thanks for showing them.

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card and so are your flowers!

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous card Karren! That fabulous poinsettia is a beauty, especially with the gold tips, and works perfectly as part of the trio of images for the sketch. I really love your CAS design. Thank you so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Stef Perry said...

And I for got to add, thank you for sharing at Sunday Stamps as well!

Linda Callahan said...

Your beautiful card brings me joy and so does that bouquet~ice and snow have arrived here already!

dj said...

Spelling out JOY was perfect for our sketch!! I love the flowery "O"!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC296

Heather said...

So gorgeous, Karren, what a great choice for our sketch! Those touches of gold on the poinsettia leaves are so elegant, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!