Saturday 26 November 2022

Dark Snowy Night

 

 Hi and welcome to the last post for the Fusion challenge.  I have decided to close down the challenge after a year of to-ing and fro-ing on the decision.  For today's card I decided to focus on the black and white colour scheme and the snowman from the photo.


Firstly I stenciled some white embossing paste onto a black card panel over a snowfall stencil.  While that was drying, I coloured and fussy-cut the snowman and die-cut some snow-drifts.  Onto one of the snow drifts, I stamped the sentiment.  


I adhered the back snowdrift directly to the black panel and the foreground snowdrift and snowman were popped up on foam tape.


Thanks for visiting and a personal thank you to everyone who has played along in the Fusion challenges and the wonderful design team members over the years.

Products used:

Stamps:  Holiday Hugs Snowman, Hand Lettered Holiday (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Snow Drifts (MFT)
Accessories:  Falling Snow Stencil (SSS), White Embossing Paste, Copics

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my gosh. I get sadder every time I read this news!
You've done a great job leading that wonderful crew, Karren!
Your little snowman seems to be saying 'that's all folks!'
xx

Bobby said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the challenge is closing but I totally understand, Karren. You've created a great send-off card. I love that snowman and the black sky with falling snow is very moody. Just right for the occasion.

Tristan said...

What a darling snowman Karren.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a striking card for a finale Karren - love that dark background
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be, Karren! So sorry to see Fusion is closing down :(

Linda Callahan said...

Show me some snowflakes and a snowman and I am all in! Adorable card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

He is so fun! What a cute card 😀

Claire Grantham said...

Karren, such a stunning card to end Fusion with. Thank you for inviting me to be part of the team. I really loved my time with you all. You are a fabulous leader and I'll miss you. See you in blogland and insta. Claire x