Thursday 12 January 2023

Butterfly Trio

Hi and welcome!  Today's card uses the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches where Judy Rozema is our sketch hostess this week.


I had already hot-foiled and stenciled the butterflies when I first got the set so I pulled them out and used them as the basis of this card.  Onto a white panel I ink-blended the same ink colours as the butterflies, then added a stencil and went over it again but with a bit more pressure.  Once it was finished I rounded the corners and added the sentiment with black ink.  


I wanted a bit more black on the card so added a strip down the left hand side of the stenciled panel.  I added the butterflies then adhered it to a white card front using foam tape.




Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Butterflies (Pink Fresh Studio)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Blue Suede Shoes, Dress Blues, Sea Glass, Uptown, All That Jazz, Daydream, Black Jack (Catherine Pooler)
Dies:  Small Butterflies hot foil plate and die (Pink Fresh Studio)
Accessories:  Small Butterflies stencils (Pink Fresh Studio), Compass stencil (Stamperia), Silver hot foil, Clear Drops

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Bobby said...

The butterflies are gorgeous, Karren, and I love the background inked in the same colors.

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Another favorite set - loving the blue/aqua/green combo, Karren - spectacular panel to perch them onto!
=]

Amy O said...

Gorgeous colors and gorgeous ink-blending! All of the pretty details on this card from the rounded corners to the strip of black paper add up to one beautiful card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the deep rich colors you used! And the background is fabulous! Gorgeous card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card, the detailing is amazing from the stencilling over the blended background to the black stripe
Blessings
Maxine

Kim S said...

Beautiful butterflies!! And the background you created for them is stunning!

Jen Brum said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous Karren! The colour of those butterflies and the background is so rich and elegant! I just love it! That sentiment is so perfect as well!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a stunner! The colors are amazing and that background is so creative!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so gorgeous and with such beautiful colors! I love it!
Thank you so much for the beautiful card you sent! <3

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! I love the depth of interest from the stenciling on your background panel. Happy New Year!

Jen Timko said...

This is incredible! I love that background and your butterflies are gorgeous.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You do stunning all the time! I adore this card Karren!

lichazul said...

Absoluty gorgeous card 🤩🤩👏👏
Happy day