Thursday 26 January 2023

Latte

 Hi and welcome!  Jennifer Timko is this week's sketch hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and her sketch allows for lots of creativity.  I went a bit rogue with her sketch but I think you can still see it, sort of 😄


This card is a 180 from what I had planned, which involved sunflowers, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  The coffee and hand had already been made over my Christmas break, so once I had the idea, the card didn't take too long to come together.  

I stamped the Notebook Paper background stamp onto white cardstock then die-cut it with the Notebook Edge die.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and adhered it to a white card base with foam tape.




I added the cup and hand and called it done.  My "latte" looks a bit suspect - I was trying to get the milky coffee look but failed miserably.  Never mind, I'd drink it 😆

Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm adding this to the current challenge at Just Us Girls with their fabulous moodboard.




Products used:

Stamps:  Notebook Paper Background, Mini Messages & More (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Misty Morning (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Kraft, Cherry Crisp (MFT), X-Press It, Silver Matte Foil
Dies;  Notebook Edge, Creature Comforts, Crafty Hands (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Nancy said...

This turned out awesome! You should stick it in the challenge over at Just Us Girls.

I Card Everyone said...

I'd drink it, too, Karren! Looks delicious - and that hand is so wonderfully colored! I'd love to have a cuppa with you!
=]

Bobby said...

Your hand is amazing, Karren. Love the card design.

Judy Rozema said...

I absolutely love this. The angled panel with the cut edge is such an amazing idea and takes this up a notch. I need to think of things like that instead of symmetry and straight all the time! SUPER cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the notebook page, this is terrific, Karren! You didn't stray too far from the sketch in my book. So happy to see this in the JUGs gallery!

Dawn T said...

Very clever Karren. I certainly can see the sketch. Very impressive cup of coffee

Carol said...

I really like the pops of color on all of the white Karren! It fits both challenges so well! I'm so glad you joined us this week with this great card!!!!!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

It's always fun to get a bit tipsy! Love how you angled the design! Your coffee cup is wonderful!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun take on the sketch and the coloring of the hand is amazing!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is just fabulous Karren! I love that cup of coffee! I also love that notebook paper die! That is so fun and looks perfect on your card! I'd totally drink that - if it were tea but still!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Perfect design for the sketch, Karren!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! You inspired me to tilt my pattern paper on my card too!! I LOVE that hand and it makes me want to get something like this. FABULOUS design!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so clever! The notebook paper, the hand holding the cup, and the latte are perfect together!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love me a latte! Your card is just awesome!