Thursday 19 January 2023

From My Gnome

 Hi everyone!  Today's card uses the new sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Jacquie Southas.  She has a great sketch with wide open spaces.


Even though I am so over making Christmas cards, I got some new supplies and decided to use these adorable gnomes.  I am not a fan of complementary colours so red and green together make my eye twitch.  I therefore decided to go with red and teal and coloured up these cute gnomes before die-cutting them with the co-ordinating dies.

For the background, I stamped another NBUS Christmas stamp onto white cardstock with Fog ink and die-cut it with a rectangle stax die.  I created a mat with Amarena Cherry cardstock and adhered both panels to a Fog card base.


The sentiment was white-embossed onto some Caribbean Sea cardstock and then I positioned the gnomes on the sentiment to ground them.  


Thanks so much for visiting.  The design team have created wonderful cards with the sketch so please head over and check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Gnome for the Holidays (MFT Stamps), Holly Jolly BG (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K. Designs), Versamark, Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  Fog (SSS), Amarena Cherry, Caribbean Sea (MFT), White, X-Press It
Dies: Gnome for the Holidays (MFT Stamps)  Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, white EP

8 comments:

Bobby said...

Your gnomes are so cute dressed in red and teal, Karren. The soft background in gray on a gray cardbase brought it all together beautifully.

Nancy said...

Awesome card, Karren! That background stamp is wonderful too! Thanks for inspiring me!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love these colors for your adorable gnomie card!

Jeanne H said...

Just darling. Mask off the candy cane and it's a great birthday card! Just saying...

Nora Noll said...

This is so CUTE!! I love the stamped background and your coloring is amazing!!

Dawn T said...

super cute Karren. Love these gnomes

Jen Brum said...

These gnomes are so adorable! I love them! Your colouring is amazing (as always) and I love your choice of non traditional colours! This is so perfect for Christmas!

Linda Callahan said...

Well here is a happy trio of guys! Such a cute card - perfect coloring!