Friday 3 February 2017

Of Course

It's time for another challenge at Fusion and we have a great photo and sketch for you to play along with.  The photo can take you in many different directions - Valentine's, quilting, floral, colors, etc.



I chose to go with a Valentine's theme and came up with this one-layer card, which takes in the hearts, colors and frame of the inspiration photo.



This lady just cracks me up!  And the sentiment makes me smile because I would probably say that to my DH 😃  The card is pretty simple.  I stamped and colored Tina, then stamped the sentiment.  I then took a rectangle die and used it as a template to draw a frame using a Copic Multi-liner pen.  Finally, I colored the hearts and balloons with clear sparkle pen.









Thanks for visiting!  I hope you can check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team - it's so worth it!

I'm linking this card up to the hearts challenge at CAS on Sunday, as well as The Color of Love at Simon Says Stamp, the Lots of Love challenge at Art Impressions and The Card Concept, where my CAS card was inspired by the pink and red and the hearts in the inspiration pic.

For your blog


Products used:

Stamps:  Tina (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS)
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Rectangle die, Copic markers, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Copic Multi-liner

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CAS on Sunday.

20 comments:

Imke said...

LOVE your Card, Karren ! These Ladies are always fun and i like your handrawing Frame and the CAS look.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

I Card Everyone said...

Your line-drawn frame is just what takes this already fabulous design right over the top, Karren! LOve this chick, and share her sentiments EXACTLY!!!
=]

Petra Swart said...

Oh, that sentiment is just the best, Karren - had to smile reading it, as I can say that to my DH, too!!!! Love that dress Tina is wearing - and look at the shoes, ...the earrings, ...the eyes and the hairstyle - LOVE her - lots of fun and laughter with her around!!!!! Such a cute card!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Loll said...

This is awesome!! I LOVE Tina ... and her sparkle dress. You have serious copics skills Karren!! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this mf....smiling!!
xx Karen

Rosemary said...

fabulous and fun card, karren... the coloring is impeccable!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love everything about this card, Karren! Fun image, beautifully colored and framed!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love this card. I love the fun image and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Betty said...

Super cool card, Karren ... you really made me laugh :-D.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, what a riot!!! Beautiful Copic coloring and your sentiment is too funny, Karren! Thanks for making me smile...I needed that today :)

Dot J Freel said...

This card is so fabulous from the colors to the sentiment! It would be perfect for me to make for my husband if I didn't already make him one. Maybe next year.

Dotty Jo said...

Totally fab! Jo x

Karen Davis said...

Oh!! So sweet Karren. Seriously....you rock those copics!! The shadowing on the hearts is incredible. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept. :)

laurie said...

LOl! Thats CUTE!! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your fabulous, fun card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Linda Callahan said...

Well I am loving this high flying gal! Your coloring is fabulous and this image is a hoot! Love it!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Karren,
This just too adorable and your coloring is beautiful. I love these ladies...

KandA said...

Fabulous card and a super fun stamp and sentiment xx

Susan Powell said...

Oh My Gosh Karen! I LOVE your card!! I have to get that stamp set!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

AgnieszkaM said...

love the card. beautiful make!!!