Sunday 26 February 2017

Otter Birthday

Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made using my NBUS Otterly Love set by MFT Stamps.


I sponged distress inks onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and spritzed with water before setting aside to dry.  Once it was dry, I stamped the waves using white pigment ink, which you can hardly see in the photos!  The otters were stamped, colored and die-cut.  I also went over them with a piece of towel wet with colorless blender to give a bit of texture and followed that up by adding dots of color on the darkest parts using the E43 marker.

The card front was assembled using a strip of patterned paper, a white embossed sentiment and a negative circle die-cut.  All of which were popped up on foam tape.




Thanks for visiting!  I'm linking this up to MFT's sketch challenge, Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes and CAS on Sunday's critters challenge.

For your blog




Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Otterly sweet and so cute, Karren!!!!! These little otters are all over Blogland lately and I love the creative way you have made them shine wonderfully!!!!! Such a lovely card!!!
Have a great week!!!!!
Hugz

Stampingcountry said...

An otterly cute card!

Darnell said...

Every time I see those uber cute otters, my resolve weakens and I want them NOW. They make me grin from ear-to-ear! This is darling, Karren!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Davis said...

So very sweet Karren. Such a delightful card to receive. You have brought them to life so beautifully with gorgeous colouring.

lostinpaper said...

Fun card with an amazing background!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card, Karren! I love how you created the water, and how you placed those adorable otters...so fun! Beautiful Copic coloring, and great job combining challenges!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh this makes me smile!!! Darling little favorites of mine... and an amazing pool you've created for them, too!
Karren, you're the second person this weekend who tells about using a bit of towel & blender solution to add texture - are you hanging with Jen McG. again? xx
=]

Kara Lynne said...

Those otters are so darling, swimming in your fantastic inked water! I love the texture you gave them with your Copics! Such a sweet card, Karren!

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Karren. Love those cute otters. Beautiful colours and lay out too. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is soooo cute.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Linda Callahan said...

These cuties are otter-Ly delightful!