Friday 17 February 2017

Still The One

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another Fusion challenge and we've gone for a soft pastel look and a simple sketch.


I went with the inspiration photo this time, concentrating on the pink shades and the hearts.


I used a NBUS die from Poppy Stamps and some distress ink blending onto a strip of Bristol Smooth cardstock. which was spritzed with a Perfect Pearls mist before being adhered behind the heart cut-outs.  The sentiment comes from Taylored Expressions and I finished the card with some clear droplets.



I shot a video while I was making this and then forgot to edit it, so I did a rush edit job tonight and left in my mental block in the voiceover to give you a giggle!  You can watch the video over on YouTube or watch it here.




I'm linking this card up to the Romance challenge at CASology and the Clean and Simple challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.






Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CASology.

11 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Karren! I love how you created the ombre effect with your DI's and those hearts are fabulous! Lovely take on the inspiration photo!

I Card Everyone said...

The Perfect Pearls does give your ink blended panel such a wonderful texture ... truly beautiful!
Look at you fitting TWO earworms in one post!!!
=]

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that great heart die, Karren and your sponging is lovely!!!! Such a sweet sentiment!!!! Another BEAUTIFUL card!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Susanne Vargas said...

So very pretty!

Kara Lynne said...

Well I've been out of it too long, I didn't know you are making videos! Totally loved watching it! Your card is beautiful, Karren! I love the ink blending!

Linda Callahan said...

Your videos are great! Make me smile every time! Love that diecut.....such a preety in pink card!

Rosemary said...

sweet design, karren!!

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Karren, love the pretty hearts and the ombre colours ;) Viv xx

lostinpaper said...

Super fab! Off to check out your video!

Melissa said...

So perfectly perfect, Karren! Such a pretty ombre effect with the pink and the cascading droplets add such wonderful interest!

Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Jen Timko said...

These colors are fantastic! What a great card.