Wednesday 8 February 2017

Will Always Love You

Welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is the fabulous Jen Brum and she has a classic and versatile sketch for us.

Now, I completely got the orientation of the sketch wrong, as you will see.  99% of the cards I make are top-folding portrait, but for some reason, I went for a landscape layout for this layout, so apologies to Jen!




My fellow teamie, Kim, is on the Taylored Expressions design team and when I saw her cards featuring these fun music themes a month or so ago, I just had to have them!  The blue panel was sponged with distress inks, leaving the center lighter than that outsides.  I then over-stamped with a music background stamp and Stone ink before adding the sentiment with black ink and clear-embossing over the top.  Now admit it, aren't you singing that song now? 😁




A cute little die-cut record and some heart-shaped music notes finished the card.

Thanks for visiting.  Check out how the rest of the team have used the sketch (with the correct orientation, I might add!)

I'm linking this card up to a few challenges:  Cardz for Guyz Love You, The Paper Players Will You Be My Valentine and Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge



Cardz 4 Guyz


Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.

18 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm TOTALLY singing it now Karren - thanks for that!!!!! What a fun card though! Love the diecut record too (is it just me or does it remind you of a liquorice wheel too?!) A super-fun Valentine - my hubby would love it, I'm off to investigate that stamp set! Great to see you joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm going with Whitney's version, Karren!!! LOve this card and I WISH I had that set ... but above all this, I WISH YOU LOOOOOOVE!
=]

Sian said...

This is a great card design. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Nora Noll said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this card. That record, the fun notes, the sentiment-everything is fabulous!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is SO FUN! I love the little record and the whole music theme. I like Whitney's versions too! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love it! Brings back memories of high school and the Bodyguard movie!!! Love this perfect take on the sketch!

Amy O said...

Another fabulous background with your inks! And what a fun stamp set. I'll be singing that song all evening now.

Linda Callahan said...

And iii......eeeeeeee....iiii laughed right out loud when I read the sentiment! I love this! And your inky blues look terrific!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sue - said...

What a great card! And yes I am singing it now (in my head) . Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh man, why'd you have to put that song in my head....I.....eeeeeee! Love this musical valentine and your colors are gorgeous! So happy to see you in our gallery this week!

Rosemary said...

super cute take on the sketch, karren!! perfect card for a guy!!

Barb Ghig said...

Another fabulous card, Karren! I love these heart-shaped musical notes and the record album is so cool! Ah yes, I'll be singing this song in my head all day now...Thanks!

BożenA said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us Happy Little Stampers CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Jen Mitchell said...

Fun card! The sentiment is fabulous and I love the artfully placed musical notes!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so fun and super cute, Karren!!!! Love that little record!!!! Your sponging is done beautifully!!!
Hugz

Kim S said...

It really is a fun set - and I haven't seen anything quite like it!! I love the way you faded the music into the sentiment - it absolutely glows!! And the accents of the record and music are perfectly placed!

Anne said...

What a great take on our blue theme Karren and I love the stamps you used - super CAS design!
Thanks so much for joining this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
Anne