Saturday 7 April 2018

Bold Smile

Hi all!  I'm thrilled to have been invited to be Guest Designer at Just Us Girls for the month of April.  Our first challenge of the month is Bold and there are so many ways you can go with this.


I chose to go with a bold geometric design, bold colors and a bold, black sentiment.


The triangles were cut with the new Triangle Stax die in various (rainbow) colors from MFT Stamps.  The "smile" is stacked three layers high for added dimension.  I didn't add any other embellishments as I thought this was busy enough 😄


Thanks so much for visiting!  Head on over to the blog and check out the cards made by the design team - you'll be so glad you did!  I hope you have time to play along with us.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Black, Poppy, Orange Zest, Daffodil, Limelight, Blueberry, Purple Rain (MFT)
Dies:  Triangle Stax, Smile (MFT)

Cheers
Karren


13 comments:

Bobby said...

I love the arrangement of the triangles, Karren, and in rainbow color too. The big bold sentiment balances it off perfectly.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore geometric cards! These bold triangles made my day :)

Macimbalo said...

So happy to have you designing this month!!! I LOVE your triangle - so bold, perfect for the challenge!

Ina G said...

Your card certainly is bold bright and beautiful Karren. Love that HUGE Smile Die. So lovely to have you as our Guest this month showcasing your great talent.

Jen Mitchell said...

Fun card! Love those colorful triangles. And congratulations on your Just Us Girls gig. They couldn't have picked a better designer!!

cm said...

Definitely smiling in seeing your assortment of colourful triangles paired with the big, inviting sentiment! So thrilled that you're our GD for April; your creativity will draw many to the gallery! Thank you, as well, for the sweet, glowing comment about my niece's card; she'll be over-the-moon thrilled when I call and share it with her!
Hugs~carol

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely bold colours and text! Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

You make a great guest! This is bold bright and beautiful!

Nancy said...

Sorry I am late stoping by...I have may son in town for two days from Seattle and have to soak up as much time with him as possible. Anyhoo, You sure have started the month off strong with your Bold geometric card! As a lot of others have reiterated, we sure have picked a perfect guest! :) Couldn't agree more! Can't wait to see what you do for us next week Karren!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your bold graphic design! Those bold colored triangles and bold sentiment are the perfect combination for this challenge. Welcome to JUGS!

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Karren, love the big sentiment and those wonderful triangles. Brilliant card as always

Hannelie said...

Oh WOW!
Love this ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot, Karren! I can't believe I missed this challenge...your rainbow colored triangles are so cool and are perfect with your bold black sentiment!