Wednesday 25 April 2018

Remember - Video Blog Hop

***UPDATE***I collated all comments from the YouTube video and this blog post and used random.org to pick a winner. The winner is Julie-Anne Hoffman who commented on this video. Thanks to everyone for their likes and comments - much appreciated!


Hi!  I'm thrilled to be joining in with a group of wonderful card-makers from Australia and New Zealand for the ANZAC Day Friendship Remembrance Video Hop.  This is the brain-child of Therese Calvird and I was thrilled when she asked if I'd be interested in joining.  If you're not sure what ANZAC Day is head on over to Wikipedia for an explanation.

Now, I haven't made a video in nearly a year because I was using my son's Mac to edit the videos and he got sick of me always borrowing his Mac, so I stopped making videos 😭😭  But I'm back and I hope you'll like my card - plus there's a prize as well.  Details at the end of the video and this blog post.



So my original thought when I was contemplating what card to make was to stick with the poppy theme and create a friendship card, but then when I was visiting my mum a few weeks ago, she showed me this new CTMH set and it was just perfect for my card, so my mum very kindly lent it to me.



I started by creating the alcohol ink panel onto Yupo paper using various purple inks.  Once I was finished, I set that aside to dry and worked on the card base.  I stamped the two poppy images in Grout Gray ink across the bottom of the card base, triple stamping because I think my ink pad is getting a bit dry!  The sentiment was stamped in Black Soot Archival Ink.  Originally, I had planned to stamp the soldier directly onto the alcohol ink panel, but it just didn't show up enough, so I stamped him onto white and used my Scan n Cut to cut him out.  He is popped up on foam tape (and conveniently covers up the failed stamped image!)




And that's my card!  You can watch the video here, or over on YouTube




Now onto the prize.  Leave a comment either on YouTube or in the comments below.  You don't have to subscribe to either, but it would be appreciated 😉 I'll randomly draw one name to win either a brand new copy of the ANZAC Day stamp set by CTMH or Mama Elephant's Playful Pups stamp and die set (which I inadvertently bought twice!).  I'll ship by airmail post to anywhere in the world.



Thanks so much for visiting!  I appreciate your time.  To start at the beginning of the hop, head on over to Alicia's video, or if you want to go to the next blog on the list, which is the amazing Therese herself,  head here.

Here's a full list of video hop participants in order:

Video Hop List
Alicia – Youtube Video here
Ali F – Youtube Video here
Ali H – Youtube Video here
Dianne – Youtube Video here
Eloise – Youtube Video here
Helen – Youtube Video here
Jo – Youtube Video here
Karren – Youtube Video here
Therese – Youtube Video here

Products used:

Stamps:  ANZAC Day (CTMH)
Inks:  Black Soot Archival Ink, Grout Gray (MFT), Alcohol Inks (Purple Twilight, Cool Peri, Amethyst, Wild Plum, Silver Mixative)
Cardstock:  White, Yupo

Cheers
Karren





12 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your silhouette of the soldier is perfect with your alcohol inked background and I love how you stamped those darling pups in pale gray! I'm so glad you joined Therese for the blog hop and I think your video was fabulous, Karren!

Unknown said...

Great card. Loved that stamp set - very appropriate! It has been wonderful to find some NZ and Aus You tubers!

Karthikha said...

Wonderful card!! The silhouette is perfect against the gorgeous vibrant background! Love your creation a lot! Subscribed and eft some love on your channel as well :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a wonderful card! Your mum came through with the perfect set for your awesome ANZAC day card!

Unknown said...

I was stunned with your card. I got goosebumps. The impact was amazing. Thankyou so much for making this card. Thanks for sharing and please continue.

Debbie Rumpza said...

Really wonderful card. Love the sublte poppies.

I Card Everyone said...

We should all take pause to celebrate these brave soldiers, Karren, and a knee as well ... a wonderful, thought provoking Hop, and such a great card!
=]

Cindy H. said...

That is one handsome remembrance card! Love it!

Aileen said...

Just cameto watch the video and answer my question. The stamp set brand, need to get it. My son took my granddaughter to the dawn service yesterday and I had no idea he went each year and had such respect. To see him passigng this onto his 5 year old daughter really was special. Your card is simply stunning with the alcohol ink and the faint outline of poppy flowers.

Helen said...

Wow!!! What an amazing card, Karren! Such a lovely layout. That great ink background strip showcases that very special stamp set! Thank so much for sharing you techniques and for the inspiration.

Karen Davis said...

Hi Karen. Gosh! I got goosebumps too. Your card reflects the sentiment of ANZAC day perfectly. The colours and design are amazing.

Hannah said...

What a marvelous card! I love the sentiment and design! It is good to see the remembrance emphasized!