Thursday 26 April 2018

Under My Umbrella

Hi!  I'm here with a card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches - hosted by the lovely Amy O'Neill.

As happens frequently, as soon as I saw the sketch I envisaged part of the card - in this case using vellum for the wide horizontal panel.  Once that was in my head, it wasn't budging, so I came up with this card:



This image is from a NBUS set by MFT and I colored up this adorable little girl and the clouds before cutting them out with my Scan n Cut.  I set them aside and took a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and some distress inks.  Using my Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil, I sponged on distress inks in an ombre fashion.  Before removing the stencil, I sprayed on some Glitter Dust which gives the rays a lovely shimmer in real life.


The sentiment was stamped in Archival ink onto a piece of thin vellum and both panels were adhered to a white card base.  I attached the vellum by folding it onto the inside and adhering it under the fold.  I added the clouds directly to the vellum and the little girl is popped up on foam tape.  Below is a shot where you can just see the shimmer on the rays.


Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have made some amazing cards so I hope you have time to check them out!

Products used:

Stamps:  Rain or Shine (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Ranger Archival Black Soot, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth, Vellum Paper
Accessories:  Glitter Dust, Copics, Sunrise Radiating Rays (MFT)

Cheers
Karren





11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I can feel those warm sunny rays all the way over here! I am ready for spring....showers and all! This is so cute! Wonderful inkiness as always and I love how you used the vellum!

I Card Everyone said...

A perfect beginning to a fabulous end, Karren! OH my do I love these puddle jumping kids!
=]

Amy O said...

This is adorable! She reminds me of my daughter who loves to walk in the rain. I love how you've used the vellum with the sketch.

Cathy said...

Sweet card Karren, beautifully coloured, Cathy x

Jen Timko said...

You know, I tend to do the same thing. Something about the sketch makes me "know" what to do for a certain element. I just wish the rest of this idea would come right out of my head, too, loll!! I just adore this!! Every detail is wonderful!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the idea of using vellum for the horizontal layer. What a great way to add a bit of accent to the other "layer" of rays. I can totally relate to deciding on one piece of a card design then putting the rest together around it. Sometimes it doesn't work out for me :( but clearly no problems here)!

Lyn said...

Love your take and the Vellum is a wonderful accent to the rays <3

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Karren! Love your ombre inking and sparkle on the sun rays and how you used vellum for the middle panel! Of course, your Copic coloring is fabulous, as always! Love your charming take on the sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how cute is she? I am loving her sweetness and as always your colouring is perfection!

lichazul said...

so very nice card
congrats
thank you for your comment in my blog
greetings from Chile

Being Mrs Miles said...

What a clever and bright fun card, Karren. The vellum adds nicely - love this sentiment!