Saturday 14 April 2018

Sympathy Flowers

Hi everyone and thanks for dropping by!  I'm here with my second guest designer card for Just Us Girls Challenge and this week the challenge is right up my alley - check it out:


Yes, black and white stripes, so trendy at the moment! 



For my card, I decided to go with a sympathy card - primarily because that was the sentiment that fit in the space best 😄


I stamped the image onto X-Press It cardstock and colored it with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  I added some flicks of pencil onto the petal to mimic the veins in the petals but instantly regretted it.  So be it!  I then did some fiddly partial die-cutting with both the image die and a scalloped border die.

Black and white striped paper was added to the bottom of the white card base and the colored image was added on top with foam tape.  I finished with a white-embossed sentiment on a strip of black cardstock.



Thanks so much for visiting!  Be sure to check out what the JUGS design team have done with the challenge and I hope you have time to give this a go yourself.



Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Friend, Sweet Little Sentiments (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black, B&W Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Scallop Basic Edges (MFT), Beautiful Friend (CB)
Accessories:  Copics, Prismacolors, White EP

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I wouldn't have one regret if I were you...the flowers are beautifully colored! Your card is gorgeous and I love the partial die cutting. Great use of the b&w stripes too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! And I like the flicked lines on your flowers, it gives them a lot more depth paired with your beautiful coloring! Great design, too!

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, Karren! I love the classic design! Your splendid coloring really makes those pretty flowers pops against the white and black-white striped background!! Hugs, Darnell

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous creation Karren! Love that border die with the stripes and flowers!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with beautiful flowers. Your coloring looks perfect. Very pretty with the b/w stripes.

Ina G said...

Love your beautifully coloured floral image (my favourite colour) Karren. Like your variegated leaves. Great striped angle and fancy border. It's a winner in my books.

lostinpaper said...

Black and white stripes just never gets old in my book, your design is so beautiful Karren!

cm said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, Karren, just as they are! Pairing them with your bold vertical stripes and the scalloped angle-edging...swoon-inducing! Love this!
~carol

Cindy H. said...

This card is so gorgeous!! Beautiful design, colors and coloring!

Maria said...

Love your layout! Great use of the white up top over the stripes. Love that flower as well. Nicely done with this week' challenge.

Nancy said...

Nothing to regret Karren! This is gorgeous!!! Can't get enough of your work!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fabulous! Love your pretty colored flowers with those awesome stripes!

Bobby said...

Your coloring is amazing, Karren, but even more than that is the partial die cutting incorporating both the flower and border. Not an easy task.

Linda Callahan said...

Your flowers are fabulous.....amazing color work!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot! I think your flowers are gorgeous, Karren! Your pencil work on the petals looks very pretty, and I love your color palette! I also love how you included partial die cutting, and how you added the black and white stripes on this card...a very elegant design!

Daria said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the details.