Tuesday 17 April 2018

Shaker Hello

Welcome!  Today's card was made on the weekend, using the current MFT Sketch and Color challenges.  And to add a bit of fun, I threw in a shaker for the Just Add Ink challenge 😄



It's hard to see in the photo, but I clear-embossed the Roses All Over stamp onto both the card base and a panel of white cardstock.  On the base, I then blended some distress inks in colors to match the challenge pinks.  On the white panel, I die-cut a circle opening and then put together my shaker, using pinks and yellows as well as clear and marshmallow sequins.


For the top panel, I die-cut two slanted sentiment strips from each of the yellow challenge colors and a pink circle from Cotton Candy.  The 'hello' was die-cut from black and adhered to the pink circle.  And that's it!

Thanks for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Roses All Over (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Cotton Candy, Lemon Chiffon, Lemon Drop
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Thanks & Hello (MFT)
Accessoreis:  Clear EP, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Just Add Ink.
http://just-add-ink.blogspot.co.nz/2018/04/just-add-ink-404winners.html

10 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous! Those colours are so, so pretty Karren and l love the clean lines and focus on the shaker. Lovely to see you pop up at Just Add Ink. xx

Betty said...

this is so pretty Karren - I read your blog all the time - sorry I don't leave more comments - you always have such wonderful cards!

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous card, Karren! Beautiful colours together and I love how your gorgeous shaker window is centre stage. So lovely to see you back at Just Add Ink xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely CAS style shaker that really highlights the background panel. Pretty colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

I Card Everyone said...

Karren thanks for reminding me how gorgeous that rose background stamp is ... it's long overdue for a stamping!
A wonderful card... way to shake it up!
=]

Kim S said...

Such a lovely use of the colors! I love the yellow sequin shaker with the pink floral background.

Patrice said...

Gorgeous, Karren. I love how 'clean' your card is - so good to see you here, thanks for joining us again. x

Linda Callahan said...

I love these bright colors and that wonderful sparkly shaker!

Barb Ghig said...

Way to go for combining challenges, girl! I love the rose pattern peeking through your shaker and your color palette is delightful (in this part of the world, we are desperately waiting for spring to take hold)! Another really pretty card, Karren!

Aileen said...

ohhh yum what a fabulous colour combo and the design with the circle of that background stamp, brilliant. My favourite card for a while now.