Saturday 21 April 2018

Purple Mother's Day Posy

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another fun challenge from the team at Just Us Girls and this week we have a color challenge:




I decided to make a Mother's Day card with a purple card base - it's not often I have a non-white card base😄


I stamped some flowers in purple shades and added in one pink flower for interest.  I arranged the flowers with the help of some Press n Seal and set the bouquet to one side while I worked on the rest of the card.  Onto a Boysenberry card base I added a white stitched rectangle frame which was popped up on foam tape.  I then added the bouquet and a white-embossed Mother's Day sentiment.  It was at this point I thought the card base looked too bland so I grabbed my new favorite accessory - Distress Resist Spray and, using a piece of scrap paper to protect the frame, flowers and sentiment, I spritzed the spray over the purple.



I was much happier after doing this, although it was rather hair-raising at the time because it could have completely botched an already finished card 😄  Some black Nuvo drops and I called it done!

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you can carve out some time to make a prominently purple card and add it to the gallery!  In the meantime, head on over and check out the gorgeous cards made by the DT.

I'm linking this card up to the current Altenew challenge as well as Work It Wednesday who are looking for cards honoring mums.



Products used:

Stamps:  Painted Flowers (Altenew), KIS:  Mother's Day (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Minty Mint, Sweet Leaf, Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Pink Diamond Pinkalicious (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Boysenberry (MFT)
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Stax, Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT), Painted Flowers (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren





12 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your purple background is perfect for these beautiful flowers, Karren! I love how you colored them and how you added texture with Distress Resist Spray! A really lovely Mother's Day card, my friend!

Anonymous said...

We are simply blown away by this purple beauty!!! Thank you so much for playing along and joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

Maria said...

This is so pretty! Love that background! I just got some resist spray which I need to use and play around with. Great job with this week's challenge.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, love the purple background and the soft flowers on top, just beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your flowers are so pretty with the lovely purple background

Ina G said...

Love the result you got with the Distress Resist Spray. I bet it was scary. Isn't that press and seal fabulous stuff. A girlfriend brought me up one when she visited last year as there is nowhere near me that sells it. Beautiful floral spray Karren and a great layout.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love those beautiful, delicate flowers arranged on the the corner of the frame! That background looks fantastic with the addition of the Distress Resist spray. Lovely design, too!

Bobby said...

I can't believe how much that spray added to the background, Karren. That is something I'd better put on my wish list. I love how you arranged those painted flowers. I may have to CASE this since I haven't used those stamps in a while.

cm said...

Your boysenberry base, with those amazing splatters, is the perfect showcase for your lovely floral arrangement. Overall impact: stunning! LOVE this! Thank you for yet another wonderful GD inspiration card; thank you for playing with 'prominently purple'!
Hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

So gorgeous, love the vivid purple background with that white frame - everything just pops!

Nancy said...

This may be a tad late but it's still just as sincere! Gorgeous card! I am going to have to give that press and seal a try! Love the white frame for added boldness! Fabulous job!

Karen Davis said...

Wow! Stunning. The purple background is amazing. What a gorgeous design.