Friday 4 February 2022

Cupcake Cutie

 
Hi!  I'm here with a card for the latest challenge at Fusion.  I focussed mainly on the photo this time but went with a birthday theme rather than Valentine.


I love Tiddly Inks images and had to buy this Cupcake Cutie set at MFT.  I coloured her in, matching the sketch colours and added some white gel pen dots to her dress.  I then fussy-cut her out and set out working on the rest of the card.


I wanted to do an ink-blended background so masked off a rectangle on the white card base and blended some pinks from Altenew.  I then went over slightly darker with a dot stencil.  Once I was finished I wanted even more so found this hot foil plate and carefully lined it up to match the ink-blending.  It wasn't a 100% fit so I had to do a bit of judicious white gel penning to cover up some ink-blending in the top left corner, but it was good enough for me!

I finished with a hot-foiled sentiment die-cut with a co-ordinating die.



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the DT.

I'm playing along with the Anything Goes theme at Seize the Birthday.

Products used:

Stamps:  TI Cupcake Cutie (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K) Cherry Blossom set (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Essential Duo Lines Rectangles, More Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Masking Rectangle Stencil (Taylored Expressions), Mini Staggered Circles (MFT), Gold Foil, Copics, Stickles

Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

This little cupcake delivery Miss couldn't be sweeter, Karren! OR cuter!
=]

Wanda Cullen said...

This image is so stinkin' cute!!! Your coloring skills rock!

Linda Callahan said...

This little gal is adorable! ANd your coloring just brings her to life! Fun challenge this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a cutie Karren and so beautifully coloured! Love the sketch and am going to try and find a suitable cupcake to play along!

Cécile RIBON said...

Once more, I'm totally wowed by your amazing coloring, Karren. This card is super cute!