Monday 7 February 2022

Rosy Friend


Hi!  It's a long weekend here in New Zealand and I took the extra day to get in a card for a few current challenges.  I'm playing along with the colours at Color Throwdown, the Friends theme at Just Us Girls, the sketch at Sunday Stamps and the challenge at Tic Tac Toe (flowers, purple or pink, CAS).  I'm not sure if this card qualifies as pink as the colours look really red in the photos and the pink has sort of been a bit lost, so fingers crossed!
 

I saw the recent video by Jennifer McGuire on creating a jig for layered stamps and I wanted to give it a go, so chose a stamp set with reasonably small images.  I stamped the roses in pinks and reds and because I couldn't use greens for my leaves, I went with kraft coloured leaves and I think it adds a nice, neutral addition.  The palest pink didn't show in my roses after stamping the other layers so I brought in some extra pink in one of the layers.  I also backed the "friend" die-cut with pink under the kraft which provides some interest when looking from the side.




The sketch has a horizontal sentiment strip with a layer underneath.  To try and mimic that, I added a black off-set shadow to my word die.

Finally I finished the card with some enamel dots and some clear sparkle pen on the word die-cut.

Thanks so much for visiting.






Products used:

Stamps:  Rose Builder (WPlus9), Happy Day (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Red Cosmos, Coffee Break (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black Licorice, Kraft, Pink Lemonade (MFT)
Dies:  Rose Builder (WPlus9), Friend Duo, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Enamel Dots (Altenew), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Tic Tac Toe, Sunday Stamps and Color Throwdown.

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Karren - and the pink definitely qualifies! Perfect for our TicTacToe board this week!

I Card Everyone said...

I think your shades of pink are perfectly wonderful, Karren! A beautiful hello for a friend!
=]

Heather said...

Wow, Karren, this is gorgeous! I love those flowers - I think they came out beautiful, and I love the "neutral" leaves, lol. I also love the added oomph you gave your sentiment with the little shadow! Amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

cm said...

Karren, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the roses! Such a wonderful way to say hello to a special friend. Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Stef Perry said...

Karren, I saw Jennifer's vid too and love how your roses turned out using that technique. Although not what you planned, plenty of pink there to me! Offsetting the die-cut shadow was a perfect move to make it stand out more. Love your card and I'm so glad you joined us at both Sunday Stamps and the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Karren. It's a great design and your florals are amazing.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a very pretty friendship card! I'm totally in love with this fabulous rose bouquet, Karren!I love the bold sentiment too. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this card is so gorgeous! I love the vivid roses and the beautiful pink layer and enamel dats. The huge friend sentiment is lovely, too! SO happy you joined us at the TTTC this week!

Annette Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette Elliott said...

What a beautiful card, Karren! Your roses just pop off the page! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!