Thursday 31 August 2023

Father's Day Truck

 Hi all and welcome to sketch #601 from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our sketch hostess this week is Linda Callahan.  It's Father's Day here in New Zealand next weekend, so I used Linda's sketch to make a card for my dad.


I chose the truck die then built my card around it.  After die-cutting the truck elements, I blended some darker ink around the sides of the truck body and wheels (and looking at the photo, I now realise I've put one of the wheels upside down!  Anyway, let's ignore that little faux pas.  I wanted something to put in the truck bed and because my dad loves dogs, I chose a MFT set and coloured one of the little dogs and adhered him to the truck.  

The road die wasn't wide enough for the base of the truck, so I cut a rectangle of gray cardstock and added some of the die-cuts from the centre of the road to mimic the rest of the road die-cut.  To create a scene, I stenciled some grass and clouds onto a white panel and then added the die-cut elements.  And yes, I now also realise I've got my road going up into the sky - doh!  The day I made this card was obviously not a great day for creativity.


Onto a black card base, I added a panel of Enchanted Evening embossed with the sentiment and a strip of the silver matte foil cardstock used on the truck.

I then added my panel with foam tape.




Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  All About Dad, Lucky Dog (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versamark, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Vellum, Enchanted Evenine (PTI), Silver Matte Foil Cardstock, Cement Gray, Red Hot (MFT)
Dies:  Lucky Dog, Open Road (MFT), Truckin' Through The Seasons (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Micro Cloud Edges Stencil, Grassy Edges Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

No matter what you found wrong, I found so many elements that are OH SO right about your card, Karren! Betting your dad won't notice either - it's just adorable. I want to ride in the back with the dog!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I think your dad will enjoy each and every part you added to this card. It's darling and it was made with love!

Dawn T said...

Despite your "faux pas" this is still a beautiful card. Well done Karren.

Narelle Farrugia said...

That pooch is just the cutest! I am loving it peaking from the back of the car - too cute!

Ida said...

Well this is just darling. I really enjoy the fact that despite you're noticing the (teeny little faux pas) you posted anyway. I made a couple of little errors on my own card but liked it well enough to post. - Your dad should really enjoy that sweet little dog riding in the truck. - Had to do a double take about it being a Father's Day card since we celebrate here in June.

Linda Callahan said...

Well all I see is that adorable pup peeking out! This card is as cute as can be - no matter where that road is going!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this card, fabulous dies and love how you widened the road, I wouldn't have noticed the tyre or the road to Skye! (Scotland)
Faith x

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet and fun card! That truck is perfect for your dad and I love that pup! What a great take on the sketch!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an awesome masculine card, Karren. Every detail is just perfect and that puppy is super cute.