Thursday 24 August 2023

Limited Edition

 Hi all!  Welcome to a very exciting day for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  It is our 600th challenge and we are celebrating by inviting some of our past winners to join us because, let's face it, if it weren't for all the players, we wouldn't be celebrating 600 challenges.  So thank you!

We don't have an official sketch designer this challenge but we do have a fabulous sketch and here is what I did with it:


Now, I was feeling the pressure a bit with all these fabulous guest designers and this is the third card I came up with and I'm still not happy with it, but it is what it is.  I combined all three of my favourite techniques in this card - ink-blending, stenciling and Copic-colouring.  I masked then ink-blended a rainbow panel onto a piece of white cardstock and then spritzed on some shimmer spray to give it a lovely sparkle.

I had just received my order of Waffle Flower Postage Collage goodies and decided to incorporate some of them into my card.  I stamped, coloured and die-cut the little critter and set him aside.  Then I stenciled the background of the postage stamp, stamped the price and the First Class Mail stamp then placed the critter over the top and re-stamped the First Class Mail image.  On my first version, I actually stamped the critter onto the postage die-cut and masked it, but my mask wouldn't hold up to a second inking, so I went the lazy route and die-cut it.


I die-cut a black postage stamp as backing and then added the sentiment before adhering it all to a black card base. 


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head over to the challenge blog and check out all the amazing cards by the DT and guests.




Products used:

Stamps:  Unicorns and Glitter (MFT), Postage Collage (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron,  Salvaged Patina, Wilted Violet, Spun Sugar Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Unicorns and Glitter (MFT), Postage Collage Die (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Copics, Shimmer Spray, Postage Collage Coloring Stencil (Waffle Flower)

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, that set is at the top of my list at the moment - and you tell me I AM the enabler?
Your Unicorn is adorable as the star of the stamp!
I'm thrilled to be playing cards with your team today! x
=]

Amy O said...

Adorable! You have allowed some of your all-star stamping skills to shine on this fun card. So glad this team has brought us together, Karren!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! Love the little cutie patootie on your postage stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a sweet unicorn, Karren, and a lovely card using the (most appropriate) rainbow background
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Such simplicity has come together to make a fabulous card. I'm so impressed you achieved so very much in such little space.
Faith x

Linda Callahan said...

Well I am happy with this card - it is delightful.....and full of wonderful techniques! So glad we are teammates - onward to the next 100!

Dawn T said...

this is just gorgeous. I've got the Waffle Flower dies/stamps/stencils set - just love what you've done with it. Great card.

Jen Brum said...

This is a fabulous card Karren! I love that sweet stamp and the pretty rainbow panel! Love being part of this amazing team! The best one there is!

Jacquie Southas said...

Thanks for all the inspiration you have given us over the years, Karren! This sweet design came together perfectly.

Rosemary said...

Aww... that little pup is so cute and perfect for your sweet take on the sketch. Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer for the 600th sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm not sure why you don't love this card because it's pretty fabulous! I love the blended inks on the horizontal layer and the postage stamp is beyond cute! I'm so happy to celebrate 600 challenges with you. I can't wait to see what the next 100 bring!

Jen Timko said...

Hate to tell you, but this is really fun and fabulous! That little unicorn critter cracks me up. Thank you for being a part of this group that means so very much to me.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

There is nothing worse than feeling under pressure to perform - but I think this card is fab, so fun! Thank you for having me guest with you to celebrate this momentous occasion - looking forward to many more years of FMS inspiration!

Kim S said...

Absolutely charming and I hear you on the pressure of our group of guest designers!! But you came through and as always, I am inspired by your work!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a super sweet card, Karren! You're definitely a master in each of the three techniques you combined. I'm always wowed by your coloring skills. Thanks so much for all these years of so inspiring cards and fun sketches. Here's to another 12 years.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Those colours are blended perfectly! I am loving all the details you've added!